Recommend me a 'low' profile chest rig

Vortix

So for longer ops and humps with a patrolpack or backpack I'm looking for a chest rig. One of my buddies owns a 5.11 TacTec rig and I really like the look, feel and build quality of it. There's just one thing that really is a dealbreaker for me: it has built-in pouches.

So essentially I'm looking for this:

-padded shoulder straps, x or h doesn't matter but preferably x. Also, molle on straps would be great

-6/7 rows and 12-16 colums of molle, preferably rectangularly alligned (no tapering towards back)

-no bult-in pouches

-preferably no split front but if the split is coverable by a triple mag pouch it's okay

-able to seat relatively high on the chest

-around 100 euros max

Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

See, that is the one thing putting me off the TT X harness. I don't really need MOLLE on the back as I am only going to use the rig in situations in which I have a backpack with hydro in it. So that would only be added bulk, hence the preference for simpler for a simpler X. 

I can recommend the BFG RACKMinus, I have been running mine almost 2 years now and I am very pleased. I have set up mine to carry 5 mags, radio, dump and general small stuff in admin.

I've used it with and without packback, rucksack and hydration carrier, and encountered none problems.

Picture can be seen in chestrig picture thread.

I'm very happy with the Warrior Nemesis, but it doesn't fit your requirements of no sewn pouches, amongst others.

Yeah I like the look of it and I trust WAS to maken decent kit (I really dig my DCS) but as you said... Built in pouches... :( I'm currently stuck between a BFG MolleMinus or a WAS 901. Luckily I'm not in a hurry to decide.

Either of those will be good, I'd suggest the FirstSpear 6/12 chest rigs but I'm not sure you'd get it over here for less than 100.  One of the big points to consider the with BFG is the open back, if you want to use a variety of pouches that maybe use MALICE then you'll need some Whiskey Two Four replacement straps or you'll rub your skin raw and it'll be horrendously uncomfortable if we're talking about extended bergan tabs.  Obviously the Rack is lighter and slimmer overall vs the 901 (quite a bit in fact, WAS kinda over-build stuff) and over long distance those ounces matter.  But do take in to account your pouch choices in terms of their backings.

Depends exactly what you'll be wanting to put on, if you were using ITW FastMags for example where you can't change the attachment system and the plastic will dig in then yeah avoid the BFG rig.  Do consider these though as I say, it'll enable you to save a fair bit of weight for the overall setup:

http://www.wtfidea.com/whiskey-two-four-wtfix-attachment-system-straps-long/

They're not expensive and they work well, shipping isn't too insane either compared to some north american stores.  

Archived