G36 or AUG

Butter18c

Now I am stuck between G36 and the civvy AUG, and the deciding factor may be which is easier to get to the gearbox with. Kind of interested with tinkering with it. I know this probably isnt a good reason, but I really can'y decide. And flame away that I actually asked this topic. Also, which one is tougher, becuase I heard that the AUG is one of the toughest, but the G36 has a good strong backbone

I say AUG. They're aren't a dime a dozen these days like everything else, and the gearbox is rock solid. Getting it out is easy and tricky at the same time. It's a pain to pull it out, but slides right back in without a hassle. Go fig? Has to do with the ejection port sliding piece - it always gets stuck and makes it a real pain to get the box out.

The AUG has a extremely long barrel in relation to it's size, compared to the G36s P90 length barrel.

Both guns are basically full metal - since both are 90% polymer in the real world.

Both guns have transparent magazines, and not a terribly large space for bigger batteries. Both also have provisions to add whatever optics you may want.

The AUG itself is a love it/hate it affair. Some people don't like the space gun looks and prefer a more traditional rifle setup. Some also say the foregrip on the AUG is easy to snap off - never, in owning 4 or 5 AUGs, and playing hard as hell with them, have i had the grip snap off.

I would take the AUG myself.

-Slo

I've got a G36C myself and I've test fired an AUG. I love the look of the AUG and it's fire selector mechanism, but from the look of the gun I'm not sure whether there is much scope for "practical upgrades" like a larger battery holder etc.

I could be wrong though.

With the G36C you can get a few conversion kits to change it into a wide variety of guns if you so desire.

Have the G36 and the AUG is my next aeg, but on balance the G36 is a far better option. Internal mods and cosmetic upgrades are far easier to get hold of, and it has the potential to be at least 3 different guns without spending more than the base rifle cost to achieve them.

Have the G36 and the AUG is my next aeg, but on balance the G36 is a far better option. Internal mods and cosmetic upgrades are far easier to get hold of, and it has the potential to be at least 3 different guns without spending more than the base rifle cost to achieve them.

I second that, although the AUG is stronger and more metallic. G36 for uprages, AUG for a bog-standard gun.

go with the G36c... its a really tough gun, and looks and performs awesome when upgraded... get the Tokyo Marui one though if you can...

got to agree the g36c is a very upgradable and reliable weapon, u can pretty much stick anything onto it. i had an m203 on mine for a while. go with the g36c amazing gun!! :D

I've got a G36C myself and I've test fired an AUG. I love the look of the AUG and it's fire selector mechanism, but from the look of the gun I'm not sure whether there is much scope for "practical upgrades" like a larger battery holder etc.

I could be wrong though.

With the G36C you can get a few conversion kits to change it into a wide variety of guns if you so desire.

I currently run both.

Practical AUG upgrades - where do you want to start ?

Phantom/Cyber Kits, Carbine & SMG Kits, H-Bar Kits. The gearbox is a doddle to extract and work on.

The short configuration of my Cyber AUG lets me use a TN M16 barrel in something the same length if not shorter than my G36C. Full length - i run a PSG1 TN Barrel (509mm length) and it's a beastie. Good for long range assaulting etc.

Battery mods are simple - remove the rubber butt-plate, undo the screws that hold the plastic gearbox cover, remove that and tuck the fuse holder behind it making sure you leave the small battery connector accessible and the re-assemble. You now have space to fit a 9.6v 1500 MaH battery (check on WGC or Den for the AUG specific batteries ) ROF is fast with a 9.6v battery, accuracy is exceptional. The HOP (once set) is perfect.

I like them so much i have 2 !!!!

Have to say that the battery mod for the AUG is much easier than for the TM G36, but if you get a CA one then it comes with a large foregrip anyway.

As far as i know, they both use the version 3 gearbox. My AUG was a doddle to upgrade. Just have to tap the butt on a table a little bit to get the gearbox out, after removing the 2 screws that hold the gearbox retention plate on.

Also there is now way that an AUG is any less tough or strong than a g36, unless you're talking about the infamous front grip bit. I just took mine off, never liked that bit anyway :) just put your support hand on the trigger guard. My AUG is 9 old and only had to change original gears once after 7 years, always ran a 9.6V as well if that gives you an idea of durability.

hope that helps

Archived