Why such a lack of CQB/FIBUA/Urban in the South?

bankz5152

20-30m rule for snipers is too high. Played with M130 in Denmark for a long time, it works fine. In UK, M120 requires 20m(?) ish MED. At 20M, a 0,28 has 0,6 joule of energy. That's less than 1,3J at 0M...

But it's hard to change people's opinion. Brits are very traditional in how they handle things.

Sniper MED for 400FPS should be around 4M.

Not allowing FA withing 15feet of a building has it's reasons. I can see why. It's to avoid *badger*s about when you're allowed to fire FA. Like a yellow light before it goes to red.

I think more FA could be allowed generally. Especially considering how few high rof guns there are in UK :D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the ball ache that policing rules like that are I can see people being twas about it.

It's bad enough policing the basic 'no full auto in the building and within 2 feet' ruling.

Some people.get really *Ubar* like in cqb and whinge so much that would be fine normally become ww3.

If you are only showing your head expect to get shot in the face.

The screaming because a few regulars don't get things their own way is the one thing hat really would get me to walk off a site (well that and being condescended to because I have boobs) one site I won't name marshals refused to say a word to a female site owner I know who was running a joint game with them, looking to her partner to confirm everything she said and they did the same to my boy because he's a cripple.

Game day was enjoyable. Decent play, though what lets it down is one of the head marshals is ex-forces and doesn't let you forget it. As a paying customer, I don't expect to be screamed at with threats of an *albartroth* kicking just because a few of the home team took some face shots. Particularly as the grass was about 4 foot tall at the time so heads bobbing around in the field was about all there was to shoot at.

Yeh hes a complete and utter bellend.  And I say that as a serving member of HM Forces.  That bloke shouldnt be allowed near any kind of customer facing business.

The original comment on Bluestreak was spot on - largely open fields (and therefore pretty useless for airsoft) with a few vaguely interesting structures scattered around. One positive of the place was their CQB house which was fun and interesting if very small

Not sure where else to post this. I guess its not 100% about airsoft however as so many urban cqb sites or MOD (or former) or land awaiting redevelopment I thought it could be of interest.

The MOD has announced that it is to sell of 12 peices of land for housing development:

RAF Mildenhall, & RAF Barnham ,Suffolk 

RAF Moleworth & RAF  Alconbury, Cambridgeshire

Kneller Hall, Twickenham

Claro & Deverell Barracks, North Yorks

Lodge Hill, Kent

Craigiehall, Edinburgh

HMS Nelson Wardroom, Portsmouth

Hullavington Airfield, Wiltshire

MOD Feltham, West London (can't find which one this is - perhaps the Intelligence Collection Group & Defence Geographic Centre?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/defence-minister-mark-lancaster-announces-release-of-mod-sites-for-development

Huh, interesting, I spent more hours than I'd want to remember sat in a tiny hut 'guarding' Barnham.  Like to see if they sell off the actual accommodation area at the front or just the exercise area out back.  The latter wouldn't be much cop for airsoft since it's extremely flat and open with quite little woodland, but even at a 2 hour drive I'd be there in a flash to skirmish in the blocks etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Longmoor is my favourite site by far but it being run properly is just as important.

I usually play with Ambush Adventures, £40 for the day and never had a bad day.

However FCS also run longmoor £65 how can they justify charging an extra £25? There certainly isnt £25 extra I can see.

Also played with Airborne Airsoft, £50 inc lunch but was one of the worst airsoft games I have played in 14 years.

Finally Infiltration Airsoft £60 inc lunch (i think it was) and bloody incredable, easily the best skirmish I have ever played.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Fcs generally run lower player limits. Less players =higher costs.

It's only 65 if you book lst minute. Book early and it's 55.

My first game was with fcs and some of the best game experiences have been with them. I know ambush run good events (really liked the depot) but haven't done longmoor with them so couldn't compare.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Archived