BESTEST RIFLE IN TEH WORLD?!

infamousmax

Did I get the title correct? :D I hope so.

Hello Everybody, thanks for reading.

I am new to the game of Airsoft however coming from paintball which I have been playing for years.

Believe I will enjoy the more tactical approach I have seen in Airsoft and team organisation skills during gameplay.

I used to reply to these threads all the time on paintballing forums when people asked which kind of marker is right for them and they always found it so helpful, So I thought I'd do the same eh!

Budget: £250-400

Type: Rifle

Model: M4/M16 but still open to suggestions

Accessories: Go for it, i'm willing to buy stuff to make the gun look or perform better.

Capable of: Variable and adaptable (Distance/CQC/Support/Etc) but primarily Assault

Conditions: Left handed :D

If I continue my paintball roots in airsoft i will be more of a tactical gunner, so anything from distance shooting (not really sniper, won't be that far from the fight) to CQC so the rifle needs to be adaptable to this situation able to change from assault to cqc.

I appreciate everybody's recommendations and suggestions and shall read them all!

Would be great if I could get two suggestions for £200-300 and £300-400 (will be willing to put more money into rifle if you sway me on value)

If I pick what your suggest based on your recommendations there might just be a pint in it for you at the next big game ;).

Thanks in advanced! I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield.;

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most AEG's are more or less the same in function or performance.

The ones that stand out are PTW/PTW clones (which btw are not called AEG's) and the ASG Evo, off the top of my head.

My recommendation to you is the ASG Evo.

Pros:

-It has superior pull up time (snappier shot, think bolt-forward time on a PB marker, but 10x longer)

-Neodymium motor + "upgraded" internals

-QD spring change with warranty, can shoot between 90-140m/s (probably harder)

-11,1v with warranty, thus resulting in one of the fastest shooting stock rifles

-Low current requirement, works well with it's limited battery space

-Good ergonomics

-Stops on empty magazine

-Digital firing control (ASCU), very short semi pull and consistent semi

-Burst function

-Very precise, from what i've heard

-Folding stock for transport

-RIS rails everywhere

-Very nice and cheap weaponsbag is made for it too

Cons:

-Magazines are somewhat (15-18£ per piece, 75 rounds) expensive and flimsy imo

-Limited battery space. Fits 11,1v sticks batteries

-Not native 14mm- thread, adapter hasn't hit the market yet (but WILL come)

If you're near a shop, go in there and try it. Features for price, it's unbeatable. No other AEG comes with ASCU, QD spring change and neodymium motor.

Though, being in UK, you'll probably play with the same spring everywhere.

Most AEG's are more or less the same in function or performance.

The ones that stand out are PTW/PTW clones (which btw are not called AEG's) and the ASG Evo, off the top of my head.

My recommendation to you is the ASG Evo.

Pros:

-It has superior pull up time (snappier shot, think bolt-forward time on a PB marker, but 10x longer)

-Neodymium motor + "upgraded" internals

-QD spring change with warranty, can shoot between 90-140m/s (probably harder)

-11,1v with warranty, thus resulting in one of the fastest shooting stock rifles

-Low current requirement, works well with it's limited battery space

-Good ergonomics

-Stops on empty magazine

-Digital firing control (ASCU), very short semi pull and consistent semi

-Burst function

-Very precise, from what i've heard

-Folding stock for transport

-RIS rails everywhere

-Very nice and cheap weaponsbag is made for it too

Cons:

-Magazines are somewhat (15-18£ per piece, 75 rounds) expensive and flimsy imo

-Limited battery space. Fits 11,1v sticks batteries

-Not native 14mm- thread, adapter hasn't hit the market yet (but WILL come)

If you're near a shop, go in there and try it. Features for price, it's unbeatable. No other AEG comes with ASCU, QD spring change and neodymium motor.

Though, being in UK, you'll probably play with the same spring everywhere.

Thanks for your suggestion I will deffo check it out! Yes I'm UK , north west so no airsoft shops near me or none that I have found yet :(.

Will check out some reviews and videos! thanks.

I will recommend any ICS split gearbox gun (or their L85s). Very nice guns with great performance!

Looks like a really nice rifle! however from the videos I've watched it seems being left handed is a problem.

P.S I'm left handed :) *Updated original thread)

This did not matter much in Paintball so forgot to bring it up in thread however after watching many videos it seems some rifles are a fafth to use left handed, for example that L85s you suggested the mag release would be on the wrong side for me.

Thanks for the suggestion.

The EVO has ambidextrous fireselector, but it's not that important in airsoft. Airsoft is not that fast paced, and you'll be playing left/right anyway.

The fireselector is not an issue since during a firefight It would be highly unlikely that I changed. However quickly changing mags is very important to me since I do not want to take my eye of the target or spend a while fiddling on the wrong side of my gun. So ambidextrous mag release is a must.

Also I am not feeling the ICS L85s, I'm not a huge fan of bullpups especially not for my main/primary rifle.

Thanks.

Okay. You should watch out for some ambidextrous mag releases; resting against the body can release the mag. This is particulary an issue with M4 ambi mag catches.

The EVO is ambi mag catch btw, it works kinda like MP5.

Yeah I shall keep an eye open for those.

Yes the EVO seems like a great rifle, my main issues with it is the general finish of the body and components seem a bit cheap/plastic. 

When I did milsim in paintball I got a tippmann phenom x7 if you are aware of them because it was a fully customisable weapon, full metal also and good quality. You could make it a m4,m16, G36, Sniper etc. I'm looking for that kind of variety from my airsoft rifle and the EVO looks very limited body wise.

Although i'm aware i may not get that kind of variety from my airsoft gun (because they need to make money selling different types) the m4/m16 versions seem to be a lot more adaptable to situations and generally look better quality and finish.

BTW I'm just trying to find things wrong with the rifles so to pick the best one for me :). so nothing personal.

There's really no airsoft weapons that are easily adaptable externally. Airsoft QC is quite *suitcase*, so the best you get in those terms is PTW or ICS (because you can change uppers), but you usually still need to pay attention when you change things around. Parts don't fit together, often.

For something like that, you're better off building a weapon for each situation. Eg. a long outdoors M4 and a short indoors M4.

Many people tend to favor a CQB-R sized M4, with an added suppressor for a longer weapon outdoors.

Nope!

It should have been 'what am best gnu?'

:P

I shall try harder next time! :)

There's really no airsoft weapons that are easily adaptable externally. Airsoft QC is quite *suitcase*, so the best you get in those terms is PTW or ICS (because you can change uppers), but you usually still need to pay attention when you change things around. Parts don't fit together, often.

For something like that, you're better off building a weapon for each situation. Eg. a long outdoors M4 and a short indoors M4.

Many people tend to favor a CQB-R sized M4, with an added suppressor for a longer weapon outdoors.

Thanks for all the advice mate!

I'm just pulling your leg, it's an old joke here :)

Haha yeah I know don't worry :).

BTW everybody, i'm seriously considering the new Tippmann Rifle ! :o Tell me why I should NOT buy the new Tippmann! PLEASE. haha.

After playing paintball for years I was quite enjoying not having to carry around a HPA and line up to refill etc etc. 

But this tippmann can use HPA or CO2 Carts in the Mag? Is this new rifle going to be so good that I should buy one immediately?

Thanks

AEG's are super stable and reliable in general. Dial it in once and it'll generally shoot same fps and hopup amount until something is worn out. Energy/space/weight ratio is also super efficient. 5K+ rounds out of a normal m4 handguard battery is normal.

I wouldn't trust the tippman just yet, though some people have spoken favorably of it's accuracy (which is the 100% most important thing in airsoft).

AEG's are super stable and reliable in general. Dial it in once and it'll generally shoot same fps and hopup amount until something is worn out. Energy/space/weight ratio is also super efficient. 5K+ rounds out of a normal m4 handguard battery is normal.

I wouldn't trust the tippman just yet, though some people have spoken favorably of it's accuracy (which is the 100% most important thing in airsoft).

Fair enough. Tippman are absolutely incredible builds though, I'm not buying my rifle until march so going to keep an eye on reviews and videos. However deffo between G&G T418 / EVO / Tippmann & Tokyo M4.

aaaaaaaaa the choices.

The EVO is the only one that has a neodymium motor, which is the first thing you upgrade on an AEG, but also the upgrade that requires the other parts to be changed to handle the motor. That's why it leaves the others in the dust from an internals perspective. It's a tuned AEG whereas the others are stock rifles that need their warranty voided.

I would highly recommend the King Arms AEGs - out of the box, these out perform all my other guns, are rock solid and have authentic trademarks, Very, very nice guns. Also in your price range would be the G&P M4 variants - also good guns and I have an LMT as my go-to M4 for modern days.

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/king-arms-sw-mp15-moe-black/ 

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/g-p-m4-sentry-black-magpul-type-long-gp901ml-p1777/ 

Any chance you could tell me which m4s are just as good as the evos with its upgraded insides? Or tell me if which upgrade I would need to get for an M4. Thanks much appreciated.

There are really no stock AEG M4's that match the EVO in terms of function and performance.

Neodymium motors put incredible strain on the internals, and thus manufacturers tends to avoid it.

Otherwise you're looking at a PTW/Clone, but that's more expensive.

Upgrading AEG's is complicated, and typically the mechanic who does the upgrade choses the parts, so ally yourself with a mechanic and let him do things for you.

But if you do choose to have an AEG upgraded, you can get super nice performance. Just make sure it's not a *tortilla chip* mechanic; if they claim it's easy, they're probably just throwing in parts and not caring about the result.

An upgraded AEG carries no factory warranty though.

There are really no stock AEG M4's that match the EVO in terms of function and performance.

Neodymium motors put incredible strain on the internals, and thus manufacturers tends to avoid it.

Otherwise you're looking at a PTW/Clone, but that's more expensive.

Upgrading AEG's is complicated, and typically the mechanic who does the upgrade choses the parts, so ally yourself with a mechanic and let him do things for you.

But if you do choose to have an AEG upgraded, you can get super nice performance. Just make sure it's not a *tortilla chip* mechanic; if they claim it's easy, they're probably just throwing in parts and not caring about the result.

An upgraded AEG carries no factory warranty though.

Alrighty, fair enough.

What AEG M4 would you suggest then?

Also anybody want to give me their thoughts on H&K Umarex HK416 CQB?

It seems there is not much that sets the £300-£450 apart.

Thanks

Archived