BESTEST RIFLE IN TEH WORLD?!

infamousmax

I'd say go with a G&P. In my experience they have some of the best looking externals, are solidly built and just work out of the box. Just make sure you get the shop to test the fps and make sure it's within your local sites limits.

The only part I'd say benefits from upgrading is the hop rubber. My main two AEGs are G&Ps atm one with a stock hop and one with a firefly hop rubber upgrade. The stock one is fine for open days using .2s but the one with the upgraded hop will send .28's with amazing accuracy and consistency.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With model I bet you knew I meant the external looks. They are comparable, if you dont start to cry about the lack of ebb etc. :) also g&p has a huge selection of different ar models, unlike tm, and they might come with an ap replica and other bits (like my defender) as an extra.

However I think airsoft would be a completely different game if i'm attached to a hpa via line. The mags with co2 are ok but I assume events are just like paintball events and you go out with as much ammo as possible. So really need a hi-cap and the only way you can hi-cap on the tippmann is hpa right?

Hi-cap-AKA-*badgeress* rattles. Put one in a tm recoil not only will the bolt stop not work you'll be strung up for heresy.

With model I bet you knew I meant the external looks. They are comparable, if you dont start to cry about the lack of ebb etc. :)

They are comparable, if you ignore the fact that the TM has a recoil engine, bolt-lock, stop-on-empty and a moving bolt cover, and the G&P has none of those things...

There are a number of reasons G&Ps are half the price of TM Recoil Shocks.

They are comparable, if you ignore the fact that the TM has a recoil engine, bolt-lock, stop-on-empty and a moving bolt cover, and the G&P has none of those things...

There are a number of reasons G&Ps are half the price of TM Recoil Shocks.

yup just plain AEG's based on the 25 something year old TM V2 gearbox.

Though I had fun with mine, It's nothing special. just a very good worker.

G&P is a base for upgrading. They have super nice externals and probably the best stock gearbox shell.

When advanced players say that the G&P is a good choice, what they mean is "This is a good choice if you intend to follow up with a 300£ internals upgrade".

G&P is a base for upgrading. They have super nice externals and probably the best stock gearbox shell.

When advanced players say that the G&P is a good choice, what they mean is "This is a good choice if you intend to follow up with a 300£ internals upgrade".

Sounds like an expensive internal upgrade? :D People tend to exaggarate things they are not familiar with or dislike it seems? I own and have also borrowed these newer gen railed g&ps and they perform very well. They shoot around 400 fps, are accurate and have a nice rof. No need for upgrades, perhaps a new hop rubber or so.

G&p from my experience have lovely externals , average internals and terrible range out of the box

A hop upgrade / rubber is the minimum upgrade required . Have seen many cheaper guns ( G&g combat machines out range them and have ore accuracy )

Externally they are nice though !!

My experiences with G&P rifles has always been pretty good. I find that the stock hop-up buckings and nubs tend to be pretty poor, so I frequently replace them out of the box.

My biggest hesitation in recommending G&P rifles to newer players, especially if the recommendation is based solely around the externals, is that there seems to be a fair bit of variation between models and/or batches.

I've owned an M733, M653, two M4A1s, M4A1 CQBr and an M16A3 with M203.

The M733, M653 and both M4A1s were ordered from Asia. The bodies had a sort of grey-ish hue to them. All of these rifles had Colt trademarks of some variety. 

The M653, the newest of the guns I've ordered, has a front receiver pin like this, while the other guns have standard pins. The barrel on the M653 is also sort of a blue color. 

The M4A1 CQBr and M16A3, I ordered through a dealer in the U.S. All had flat-black bodies and G&P trademarks.

A buddy of mine ordered an M733 from a U.S. dealer and it was flat black and had big, nasty text reading "Made in Hong Kong" cut into the side of the upper receiver.

My M733 was wired to the front, but I've seen models wired to the buffer tube. The M653 had a threaded buffer tube cap, while the M4A1s had tiny allen screws holding the buffer tube cap in place.

The M733 and M16A3 were wired to small and big tamiyas respectively, while the M4A1s were wired to regular deans. The M653 was wired to micro deans. 

So if you're picky about the externals or don't want to have to re-wire you've got to be a bit careful about where and who you order from to make sure you're getting exactly what you want.

Even then there are sh*t neodymium motors and good ones. 

Case in point SRC STU ICS 3000, Element M93s, and ARES STU motors are Neodymium motors but are sub par compared with  G&P M160/M170/M180s, Systema Magnums etc...  Low ROF, Low Torque, Grindy Pinion

I have. The Tokyo marui 416. However the site I'm part of doesn't have ukara so need to wait till I can sort that out.

What a bloody pain ukara is for transitioning paintballers.

Yeah mate good luck with that! Been consistently skirmishing every 1 1/2 months over the last 18 months after having a three year airsoft hiatus - still can't buy a RIF. UKARA is a *suitcase* system for pointless legislation but I am preaching to the converted I

guess. 

edit: any apologists for UKARA/VCRA can eat *suitcase*. 

Ive been really busy trading/buying airsoft pews since i started (way too many)

Had 4 ptw:s, 5 TM next gens and some aegs in between.

After playing with both ptw and next gens, "regular" aegs always seems to lack something special for me.

That may just be me but i really enjoy the bolt stop feature!

Im now on my fifth next gen and i feel 100% sure when i say that this is a keeper for a loong time.

Sure at outdoor/wood games etc it sure is a blast to swith to an m130 cylinder with the ptw but overall the TM has (OTB) almost the same results in accuracy and range and in cqb its way more fun! 

Archived