TM / WE Glock 17s vs RS holsters?

elanaiba

I'm looking to get a WE or TM Glock 17, but heard the slide is wider than real steel spec and therefore it won't be compatible with real steel holsters. Thats a bummer, as I was looking to use it with my Safariland ALS holster. Is it true?

And if yes, can I replace the slide with another type and solve this issue?

I can also add that safariland seems to fall into the glock 20/21 fit properly holsters. I've got several airsoft glocks and all fit perfectly in the larger framed glock rigs. I haven't taken a caliper to check compared to the real thing but I'd say that's spot on they seem to be the size of the larger frame 45 and 10mm variety.

• 2 weeks later...

My Glock Safariland needed to be heated up so it could adjust to the size of my TM Glock. After heating it and letting it adjust to the larger size of the TM Glock it was perfect afterwards. I've also got an IMI Glock 21 holster which works great, but I had to pad it with some loop velcro so that it didn't rattle around inside it.

• 4 months later...

I have both the TM Glock 17 and the WE (gen 4) and you can mod the Serpa holsters easily to fit them, just push the gun into the holster (remove the mag first), heat the holster with a hair dryer to make the plastic soft and then leave it to Cool, repeat a few times then once the holster is a little wider wrap a plastic bag over the end of the gun and repeat the cycle a few more times then just leave the gun in the holster and the holster should have formed around the gun.

In my experience the KJ and KSC glocks fit RS holsters fine but the TM & WE need a little modification.

Curlyboy

post-10160-0-32391400-1437220753_thumb.jpg

Archived