Best under amourshirt i A-TACS FG?

Beeingmyself

Hello forum

I'm currently using PROPPERs under amourshirt i A-TACS camo.

But I'm looking for an under amour shirt i A-TACS FG.

I'm not impressed by Proppers materials

The entire shirt feels like it is made by thick cotton and has no

sweattransfer abilities at all.

Can you recommend a manufactor that makes a good version

with good materials and is willig to ship to EU?

I'm also using the Propper, and agree it's not great. They fade ridiculously fast too.

Really like the look of it though!

I'm waiting on the Ops Gen 2 Improved Direct Action shirt to come back into stock at Hueys

http://www.hueys.co.uk/epages/es151784.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es151784/Products/%22OPS%20Gen2%20IDA%20Shirt%20A-TACS%20FG%22/SubProducts/%22OPS%20Gen2%20IDA%20Shirt%20A-TACS%20FG-0001%22

I use Ops Direct Action trousers, and they're brilliant, so I'm hoping for good things with the top.

Other than that, there are various Combat Shirt style options out there, from the very cheap upwards... Having only used the Propper so far, I can't suggest any particular ones.

Yeah the Propper is horrendously thick for what it is, I think it's a decent option for playing outdoors in the depths of winter but that's about it.

I've got the Gen 2 OPS shirt here in AU, I seem to recall they do a fully-patterned model in FG as well; all real materials, nice and thin in the torso.  Pretty good prices all things considered and UR-Tac will ship anywhere from HK (and are very creative with their customs paperwork to boot), or there's Hueys here in England who've always been reliable for me and carry the OPS range.  Not sure about Europe.

I too have had the same issues with the Propper shirt. I was also looking at the Gen 2 OPS shirt. However I was concerned by the "Body area constructed with cotton jersey knit material ". This is because cotton jersey knit is what t shirts are made from and is the same material type as I had issues with on the Propper shirt. So I would be really interested to know if the OPS shirt does use a t-shirt like cotton jersey for the body. Is it a light weight t-shirt material or is it a similar heavy weight to the Propper material? Guessing there arent a huge number of sources for A-TACS FG fabrics so there is a likelihood they could be the same stuff?

I would much rather a shirt with a lightweight synthetic moisture wicking material for the body. I was looking at the Helikon shirt, which I cant find in stock anywhere. The down side being that it would seem that the shirts I have seen which may have a synthetic body material tend to come in OD/green or tan rather than A-TACS FG.

It's not the same stuff, different gram per square metre fabric.  As I said, the OPS shirts are much thinner in the torso compared to the Propper.

There's barely any of the synthetic t-shirt style materials in camo patterns, the issued MTP UBACS is one of the very few examples I've seen (think Velocity did some shirts in MC and I have one here that's Under Armour).  You're rarely going to see materials like that in apparel designed for real world use, not from companies that know what they're doing anyway.  Hence you only really see it on the cheaper airsoft brands like Helikon for the most part.  Crye/Arc'teryx etc use cotton knit; FR specific apparel uses various other combinations which feel more like what Crye uses.  Now the synthetic fabrics are better for airsoft because you're not going to be engulfed in flames at a skirmish (one would hope) and they are better and transporting sweat, but of course compared to the military contract market we're a very small fish.

Hi, I work at Huey's and we currently have the OPS Gen 2 Shirts in FG in sizes small/reg, med/reg and XL/reg so if anyone needs any specific sizings or details/pics etc just let me know and I will try my best to help.

Also we do ship to Europe so there should be no problem there.

Cheers,

Matt

Hi, I work at Huey's and we currently have the OPS Gen 2 Shirts in FG in sizes small/reg, med/reg and XL/reg so if anyone needs any specific sizings or details/pics etc just let me know and I will try my best to help.

Also we do ship to Europe so there should be no problem there.

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Matt

Do you have a Link?

And shipping to Denmark?

Here you go......

http://www.hueys.co.uk/epages/es151784.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es151784/Products/%22OPS%20Gen2%20IDA%20Shirt%20A-TACS%20FG%22/SubProducts/%22OPS%20Gen2%20IDA%20Shirt%20A-TACS%20FG-0001%22

The postage to Denmark is either £5.10 (International Standard - non tracked) or £8.10 (international signed for small items - tracked) , you can pick your postage option at checkout.

I hope that helps but if you need anything else just let me know.

Thanks for the feed back on the shirt and the extra info CKinnerley.

I have the OPs trousers and standard shirt from Hueys and will get the under armour shirt on that recommendation.

Just need them to come back in to stock in my size .... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike 8-{> the large reg shirts have finally landed!! Customs really dragged their heals this time. So if youre still after one they are right here....

http://www.hueys.co.uk/epages/es151784.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es151784/Products/%22OPS%20Gen2%20IDA%20Shirt%20A-TACS%20FG%22/SubProducts/%22OPS%20Gen2%20IDA%20Shirt%20A-TACS%20FG-0001%22&IsMerchantPreview=1

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived