Help Identifying a Jacket

ShakingBanana

I've been lusting after a Gryphon for a while, I did see someone on devT6 made a replica with a condor softshell and a fleece, it actually turned out really nice and didnt have the £400 price tag lol  They've discontinued the Gryphon so if you can find one snap it up before they all disappear! 

they are very comfy to wear the cut is very good but they are warm, we had a night game a few months ago and it was freezing I wore my NAGA hoodie with a compression t-shirt underneath and then my 6094 PC on top.  Everyone else was adding and removing layers between games as the pace changed, attacking defending etc but I was fine running about and standing guard.  The Gryphon is as far as I can tell softshell arms shoulders then a fleece body so I recon its gonna be pretty warm, you wouldn't want to wear it in the summer but for winter it may well work, I suppose it depends on how hot you run as a person.  If its going to be anything it'd be too warm especially if you get hot in a normal softshell.

When I saw the straps I thought it is a Talos shirt but the arm pockets are not right.

Checked MM and I found this:

http://www.militarymorons.com/gear/hardshell.1.html#gryphon

Hmm, pockets seem right but no strap, but in fact snap button seems smarter, imagine when you have to weave your arm out of the zippers, roll the sleeves and then re-strap the sleeves.

That would take quite a while and look really funny, don't ask how I know :P

• 3 weeks later...

That's a good point Danke, either way it seems it's going to be pretty hard to get hold of one. I've been looking at the Arc'teryx standard range as they seem to offer a lot more choice than the LEAF range does. They've got some great looking gear at a more wallet friendly price too.

Archived