RIP Top Gear *sobs uncontrollably*

aznriptide859

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

License fee will just come back as a proper, unavoidable tax or tacked on to some other tax :(

What's left on terrestrial TV now?  BBC3 has some decent, somewhat obscure comedy stuff like Bluestone 42.  I suppose there's nature documentaries.  For the most part, everything else is ###### to keep the mindless subjects occupied.

Chanoel 4 news last night mentioned something about how Clarkson had recently been seen to be showing signs of suffering from stress after a death in the family earlier this year and then BBC deciding to extend the last series by 4 episodes. Maybe this apparently minor thing (the lack of a hot meal) was the final straw to break an already fragile mind

As for what happens now, I see the next series with new presenters going down like a lead balloon and after that either the show will be axed or the BBC will be beating down doors to get the 3 presenters back. Also if Clarkson does to another channel I just hope they'll be able to match the budget as the challenges will end up more drive across Surrey than South America

"Hot Gear" Sky 1's new motor program coming in August. Features 3 middle aged men driving cars and doing silly things. Likely to offend - viewer discretion advised.

Starring Jeremy Clarkson, James May and the other one.

Episode 1 highlights - Clarkson upsets Australia by punching a Kangaroo, May says something clever that very few people understand and the other one gets eaten by a shark.

"Hot Gear" Sky 1's new motor program coming in August. Features 3 middle aged men driving cars and doing silly things. Likely to offend - viewer discretion advised.

Starring Jeremy Clarkson, James May and the other one.

Episode 1 highlights - Clarkson upsets Australia by punching a Kangaroo, May says something clever that very few people understand and the other one gets eaten by a shark.

Aaaaaaand sold!

I would watch that, not for cars, just for the sharks 

Chanoel 4 news last night mentioned something about how Clarkson had recently been seen to be showing signs of suffering from stress after a death in the family earlier this year and then BBC deciding to extend the last series by 4 episodes. Maybe this apparently minor thing (the lack of a hot meal) was the final straw to break an already fragile mind

As for what happens now, I see the next series with new presenters going down like a lead balloon and after that either the show will be axed or the BBC will be beating down doors to get the 3 presenters back. Also if Clarkson does to another channel I just hope they'll be able to match the budget as the challenges will end up more drive across Surrey than South America

My understanding, after trawling dodgy forum posts by someone "with a mate in production", is that Clarkson has a drinking problem which has been getting worse and worse. Indeed, the reason the hotel couldn't serve him a steak is because he delayed the helicopter for a couple of hours to get blind drunk. He would regularly waste valuable filming time by breathalysing over the limit after lunch.

Because of this, and a problem with his hips, meant that he had to agree to taking a break after this season in order to have hip replacement ops and to get his drinking under control. Could all be of course.

In any case, It's a real shame that the show's ending (as we know it), with the entire panel of presenters leaving. Clarkson had great charisma and pretty much built the show from the ground up (Used to own the production company.). But after reading the BBC's report, it's pretty clear he had to go. Unprovoked assault should not go unpunished, and I don't think Clarkson's success is a good enough reason to let him off lightly.

I know it's in jest, but if I was attacked by a 20 foot man you can be damn sure I'd fight with all my capabilities even if I had to rope in a Nazi.

It does amuse me Russia keeps going on about Ukraine's 'Nazis' and failing to mention their own Nazi problem groups.  The LDPR, RNE, RNSP, GASH, GANS e.t.c..  Plus Russia holding half of the world's Neo Nazis...

Well, we know he's doing HIGNFY so it's not really a revelation.

Also, *fruitcage* police sticking their noses in when it's not wanted.  Fair enough if Tymon goes to them but actively seeking Tymon.  What the hell.  I guess they actively want to police when it's easy and they know who everyone involved is and where they live.  Why should Tymon get special treatment?  I don't get it.

Archived