Cyma AK series:parts interchangability between spring and AEG's.

I skirmish with AEG's and GBB's, but im also into collecting deacts and cheap springers-and came accross the cyma p1093s underfolder. Its 30 quid and gets good reviews from the springer fans- and the price would be worth it for the stock alone (its all metal, same product code as the 29 quid stock for aeg's). I havent seen one of these in the flesh but ive browsed lots of pics and this does look good quality. I have a dboys aks74u and a jg "Tabuk" style sniper (well, an ak with svd furniture pretty much). I love the platform, but if i dont want to just keep buying new ones, considering the modularity of airsoft guns.

There are things id like to change about both, and it occurred to me these springers could be an excellent source of cheap parts - that is, if they dissasemble fully. (Eg the stock would be perfect for the akmsu build im planning- and the front end could turn my fake svd into a true ak)

Any thoughts from people who've owned the cyma ak springer? Im mostly interested in takedown: does it break down the way m9st other ak's do? (Ie the same rivet system, screw size, etc?

It looks like they are a clam shell design so no, the body, foregrip, etc will be completely different construction to their AEGs. Doing custom builds on the cheap is tricky with the best way being parts bins and airsoft bone yards. Otherwise you need to buy the components new. With an AKMSU you can either get the proper components in which case LCT are the only people who make them (pricey stuff) or you can blend and AKs74u front end with an AKMS receiver and stock which is somewhat similar but not identical to a Yugo M92 carbine. Bulgaria also produces some random mash up AKs you might want to check out.

Had some great success tonight with the little project; I managed to strip down the cyma and obviously a good deal is incompatible-but I now have an underfolding stock, a rifle length outer barrel, and the entire front end of an ak47 or8ginal model. The cyma impressed me a lot tbh when you look at it inside out you see the quality isnt bad at all, *fruitcage* what the snobs say: the plastic is cast with very good detail, tight tolerances designed to take bend and flex without snapping despite being thin it wont snap. Even the handguard could pass as wood, albeit cheap wood. The m72 idea 8s good, in fact there are so many models i like its inspired a new project and ive been up all night 9n this: modular kalash system in a friggin suitcase...i uave accsss to reallygood power tools im just hoping i caj remove the front end of the springer easily enough.

One

Archived