Goggles Smith optics vs ESS Turbo fan?

Beeingmyself

Hello

Does anybody have and experience with Smith optics OTW turbo fan goggles?

I'm a fan of ESS but unfortunately they are quite noisy.

Effective yes but the sound level is a pain exonerated there up north in the dark land.

Unlucky me I depend on my glasses

but lucky me Smith optics offers RX inserts for their goggles as well as ESS does for their Turbo fan.

So far so good.

But I have no knowledge of Smith optics and never heard from anybody who is using them

so please speak your mind about their turbo fan goggles...

I've got the smith optics turbo fan ones.

had them for some time and not had any major problems on it. The strap did start to rip but got that changed under the initial warranty. 

I barely hear the fan running on full power when playing. just have to remember to keep spare batteries with me when i play

Have the smith OTW googles and i am very satisfied even though the price is very high ..

Had the black Version about 2 years befor and now the tan ones...

The processing has much improves over the time .. I like them so much :P

according to instructions the Fan runs 24 hours on low and 14 hours on high with the batteries  included (Duracell)

Last game i used Discounter Batteries and they die fast..

Now i will buy AAA Akkus and test it

one of the best Investment for Airsoft

Some of the people I play with use Revision desert locust Fan goggles, plus the thermal lens. 

I don't have any personal experience with them except for what I have seen on the field.

I have no affiliation with them either....  

You can get 30% off with the discount code of MILSIM :)

I ordered a pair and I'll post my results once it warms up on this side of the pond :)

Some of the people I play with use Revision desert locust Fan goggles, plus the thermal lens. 

I don't have any personal experience with them except for what I have seen on the field.

I have no affiliation with them either....  

You can get 30% off with the discount code of MILSIM :)

I ordered a pair and I'll post my results once it warms up on this side of the pond :)

Where did you order from to use the coupon?

post-99007-0-92807000-1427581700_thumb.png

I used there site.  They ship all over the place.  If the link doesn't work, take out the store/checkcout/car part.

On the bottom left it says discount codes / apply coupon

I entered MILSIM and got 30% off

Brought the Desert Locust Fan Google kit down from 169.99 to 118.99.  Thats a saving of 51.00.

As I said.. I have no personal experience with either of the goggles, just want people on the field use and what they said about them.  People also recommended the thermal lenses.  I just wanted to show you where to apply the coupon.

Cheers and hopefully it can help someone out 

http://www.revisionmilitary.com/store/checkout/cart/

i have been using ESS turbofans for... i think 4 years now? maybe 2.5-3 i cant remember when i bought them exactly.

i dont think they are too loud unless its *fruitcage* dead quiet where you play. i sometimes have to reach up and touch them to feel the vibration and feel comfortable that they are still on. your mind will automatically tune out the noise and vibration after about 5 minutes. i cant say that about all fan goggles though as i had marui clone fan goggles once that sounded like a freight train on my face. people told me that they could anticipate me coming around corners because THEY COULD HEAR MY FAN 10 FEET AWAY! there was no tuning those out. but the ESS are a godsend compared to them.

i wear glasses too and had to get fan goggles. just an FYI, your frames may not fit in the frame of the turbofans. they angle in towards the face on the side with little foam padding. i had to cut the frame to make room for my glasses (ill post pics of this tomorrow, i leave them at work).

they last a few months on a single AA duracell. my practical usage (being that im basically the safety officer at a field along with the duties as the tech)is around 2 hours a week or less with them running on high (low is practically useless). not always at full power and there is a lot of stuttering as the batteries wind down, but they can still clear fog with a mostly dead battery on high (low doesn't even work if theres not enough power).

its started to have a little trouble keeping up with my fog as of late when i actually play, but i haven't had a full power AA in there for over a year.

as they aged, the foam crumbled and fell off and the spring battery contact thats supposed to stay connected to the battery cap no longer stays with the cap. i have to reseat toe contact every time i change the battery (not that i have to do that often). i replaced the foam with self adhesive door insulation foam i found at wal-mart. the battery contact hasnt bothered me enough to warrant gluing it in.

beyond that, the stitching on the elastic and the elastic itself arent falling apart and the slip on dust cover is still in good shape.

beyond all that though, i found a goggle fan kit that works really well. its ugly, but it moves air like a *beep*. its got some dumb name like 'EZ Creations Goggle Fanz kit' but its a simple conglomeration of a 9v battery pack connected to one or two 20mm fans. the fans are very quiet and dont give off much vibration. i have installed them on about 10 pairs of goggles for various customers and nobody fogs. im thinking about trading in my turbofans for a mask with this kit.

http://www.fanzkit.com/

Over time, the fan wears down and gets louder. This will happen to all brands.

My ESS turbofans started getting annoyingly loud and would randomly shut off after four years of use. I sent them to ESS for repair and ESS sent me a new replacement instead.

Get ESS. Smith optics is a good brand, but there's a reason why ESS is popular.

Revision fan locusts have a lower profile than ESS, but they have a rubber cushion instead of foam making them a tad less comfortable for prolonged wear.

Archived