Orion 12 Gauge Launcher (Flare Pistol)

renegadecow

Well that or a rich patron to keep you in crossplay costumes

56965253.jpg

As for the MP3 device, EUREKA!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-MP3-Module-for-greeting-card-gift-box-soundboard-music-cards-musical-sound-/171387079553?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e7774b81

edit: Not sure if it fits though. Plus it turns out the battery isn't included due to custom?!?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what's going on with that. At any rate, found another and looks more compact since the batteries are on the board.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200s-USB-MP3-BUTTON-device-voice-music-sound-record-push-WAV-load-multiple-play-/260904623706?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbf209e5aitem3cbf209e5a

I'll measure it out in the morning but it's likely I'll need to stack the speaker over the board. Then I put the switch behind the trigger instead of being actuated by the hammer. Will take at least 4 weeks to arrive though.

What exactly will it play? And yes RC it's a trap to keep you in my cellar making airsoft guns for me.

I want a working over under shotgun and a .454 casual 1911

454casull.gif

But seriously this project is cool, please tell me your loadoyt for this involves a ww1 pilot jacket.

Ooor paint it orange and wander round with a life jacket on.

Will play chorus line of Firework.

Shotgun can be done. The .454 unfortunately is a product of misdirected otakus. A real one would have a grip so large only Darklite (being part Sasquatch) can weild it.

I was planning on using it with my usual post apocalyptic/hobo loaduts. Then I thought I could use it for a Japanese WWII holdout/straggler loadout (haverlock cap and soiled underpants) I was planning on, but realized it's anachronistic so I may make a Type 10 pistol or Type 89 discharger for that instead.

Now $12.50 poorer I just have to wait for the MP3 device to arrive. I've already made the allotted hollow in the grip so hopefully it's just a simple drop in with double sided tape. Also it looks like the best place to put the button is behind the hammer so it plays instead when you cock it which seems like an appropriate time to cue the music.

And if I get tired of that I can make an 1800s pattern musket that plays Haul Away Joe when cocked.

Shotgun can be done. The .454 unfortunately is a product of misdirected otakus. A real one would have a grip so large only Darklite (being part Sasquatch) can weild it.

That pic where's he's holding a desert eagle and makes it look like a normal sized gun springs to mind!

Isn't the wildley magnum series avaline in .454 as well as .475 wildley and .45 win mag and that's pretty much the back end of a 1911 in form.

Why not go for a green sweatshirt and 80's shades for the loadout and moan about your terrible grades.

Or blue jeans a red shirt and white hair and have a friends son you have to rescue randomly.

Ok can you send me a pm about the shotgun?

Lies! I'm as tall as DL. And arguably better looking. With a better accent. :D

Ecellent work as per, RC! How are the PPS shells? I've still got the makings of a howdah gun using two of the airsoft surgeon shells, but they're hella difficult to find nowadays.

I only have two of the orange PPS shells myself and imagine getting a kill with it makes it all the more sweeter. They don't perform much even with a barrel, but the purple ones should serve you better being able to take CO2. Looking at the old AS shells, it looks like what the Goblin shells were patterned after. Problem with those is they can't work with conventional inner barrels having MOSCART style loading. But what you can do is get the paintball version and simply bung in a single column tube in the middle making them work like the old AS ones.

As a side note, I can't stop thinking of other applications for the sound doohickey. Things like:

-Solid Snake Mk23. Button on the LAM plays alert/danger music.

-Snake Eater 1911. Button on the hollow in the grip so combining it with a knife plays the cheesy opening theme.

-VSR-10. Button on the trigger to emulate the sound of a gunshot. Oh wait...

edit:

One more. Gut a PTT and switch it with a mate's. Button plays fart noises or Schwarzenegger quotes.

Thanks! Doubt I'd make another though. As simple as it is, it still takes a quite some time to make. However, I have been telling myself over and over to make something through 3D printing (tried before but just jumped into the usual PVC prototyping after getting bored) and this looks simple enough as a start.

@Azn

You're in 'Murica! You can buy a real one from Walmart for $40!

The hammer might not be strong enough to open the valve but I saw one modified where the trigger simply pushes on the valve like mine.

@Judgeman

That's the larger 25mm model I believe. No airsoft cartridges that size so maybe just put an adapter necking it down back to a 12ga.

Archived