GHK G36 conversion kit review

GHK quality and performance, in my experience, has been extremely good so why would they take a risk like this?

While yours has been good many others have had the opposite.

-First version G5 receivers snapping in half with eventual use. Second version breaking as well with an RA-Tech bolt carrier.

-AKs eat themselves up internally from hop chamber to hammer assembly and everything in between provided you even get them to feed properly.

-M4s, at least the ones shipped here, were so crudely machined that cycling the action literally feels like someone poured sand all over the internals.

Wooly, you are correct that something doesn't add up but I am looking at it from the opposite side.  GHK quality and performance, in my experience, has been extremely good so why would they take a risk like this?  And it is SO frustrating that they glue their nozzles together...I don't see any need for that (from a design or engineering perspective), it would give us the opportunity to tweak the nozzle for optimum performance without paying for a 1J or High Velocity nozzle...

Well, it's clear that GHK had some sort of relationship with UFC. My guess is that GHK was hired to be the OEM and was given a specific price point to stay around. 

-First version G5 receivers snapping in half with eventual use. Second version breaking as well with an RA-Tech bolt carrier.

-AKs eat themselves up internally from hop chamber to hammer assembly and everything in between provided you even get them to feed properly.

-M4s, at least the ones shipped here, were so crudely machined that cycling the action literally feels like someone poured sand all over the internals.

Second gen G5 receivers also crack with the stock folded, and while using Co2.

• Like 1

Every GBBR I have ever owned had its own set of issues that I either had to resolve myself or fixed by MFG.  Difference is GHK is doing what most other GBBR MFG's don't, take care of their customer. Also, remember that forums are a gathering place for people to complain and/or post about their problems/issues.

G5 - use common sense...when GHK says not use RAT carrier and C02 in their G5, don't do it.  Usually there is a reason for it...

AK - hmm, I have 4 AK's and none have ever had any feeding issues.  If you do, it takes 10 minutes to fix.  Internals are solid as they last for thousands of rounds, when they break...replace it.  If one of the nozzle wings breaks off, remove the other and keep on trucking...as a matter of fact, remove both wings as they are not needed.

M4 - yep, the finish is rough on the carrier and hammer...but it smooths out quickly.  The black oring on the nozzle will swell, order a bunch from Amazon... 

Is GHK perfect...Hell No!  But so far, they have the best balance between performance and MFG support of all the current GBBR manufacturers.  Now that could change with the imminent release of the TM M4 GBBR...