Back to gas - GBBR Purchase Options

TB-Stalker

As I mentioned before, AEG hops on GBBs would result in an ineffective hop within 60 rounds.  Hence I would really advise against AEG hopped systems.

But there are lots of things to look out for also, as I also did mention previously.

Aeg hops work with standard propane, it's the lube in green that swells the hop.

:offtopic:  :offtopic:  :offtopic:  :offtopic2:  :offtopic2:  :offtopic2:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tis actually relevant as many GBBRs GHK for one use AEG hop rubbers and many others which use VSR style.

Yet are not all hop rubbers made of the same if not similar material? I know the AEG rubbers are thinner but that said KWA rubbers are also very thin. 

Plus use propane and you wont have any issue of swelling, I havnt bothered adding silicone to my propane in years. Everything works fine, just add a drop after games. 

Hop rubbers are made from nitrile, silicone and natural rubber far as I can tell. But the oil issue with hop rubbers is more to do with the smaller contact patch vs VSR rubbers which were designed to be used in guns whose propellants have oil to begin with. In which case, enlarging the hop window and installing a flat hop would likely do the trick too.

I was firing 4-500 rounds a game day on my GHK G5 on green gas with no noticeable effect on the hop.  Sure I now use propane and do magazine maintenance to stop the seals drying, but I also know others who use their G5s far more than me on green with no problems.

Seeing as you're all already here, not airsoft related but military related, if people have a spare 5 minutes could you take the time to fill out my survey for my dissertation. It's only 6 questions so shouldn't take long and would be greatly appreciated. Responses from current/ex military/private security personnel would be greatly appreciated!

Archived