Back to gas - GBBR Purchase Options

TB-Stalker

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of which, is the Marple Leaf WE hops slightly different from VSR Hop? I got a VSR hop (can't even remember which brand, but it was definitely a Japanese one meant for low power VSR) for my 1J mp5k, however for 80% of the hop settings the impact of the bolt was just making BBs leak out the front... 

WE AKs do have poor cold weather performance, but not incurable

- Use 74 plastic mags

- Modify the timing on the shut off valve sear to stop releasing gas after 1cm of bolt travel instead of the default of an 1 inch.

- Lighten the bolt (which really shouldn't need to given its only as heavy as a G39/VT M4 bolt)

WE AKs do have the advantage of being more high powered compared with the GHK, better accuracy, better range and more consistent FPS.

I would consider a KJW 10/22, bought mine used on a whim, turned out to be the most reliable GBBR i've ever owned. All weather performance, CO2 mags also available. Cheap, reliable, acurate. And if you don't like the look, a real 10/22 stock will fit with minimal modification, just take your pick. Might be a bit too hot for UK site limits, but the NPAS made for the KJW m4 will fit.

Ive been through probably 5 different Lm4s (including the PTS MKM version). It's fine but after a while I do get issues. The GHK is the one that gives me the least hiccup, and ive only owned one so far. It would be something I would confidently run as a primary GBBR...that and a GBBR marui mp7 :P

So far I'm enjoying my WE SMG8. Haven't skirmished it yet but satisfied with the couple of mags I've put through.

Will get the actual MP7 one down the line too. Means I have a backup, can dual wield or maybe sell the SMG8 off.

Ive been through probably 5 different Lm4s (including the PTS MKM version). It's fine but after a while I do get issues. The GHK is the one that gives me the least hiccup, and ive only owned one so far. It would be something I would confidently run as a primary GBBR...that and a GBBR marui mp7 :P

That said Im the opposite. I had an LM4 (asia edition) bar changing the hop it shot like a dream with zero issues or hiccups for the 6 months or so I owned it (friend loved it more so sold it to him)

Bought a GHK AK and while it is excellent the hop chamber shattered in 100 rounds, the replacement Pro-Win chamber had be filed down massively so it would feed correctly, the magazines lips had to be filed quite dramatically for them to even be loaded without damaging bbs! 

Other than that so far seems rock solid. 

I had issues with my KWA LM4 (Non Asia) maybe that's why.

Hated it, and never went back to KWA, also my USP trigger bar snapped upon three games, .. spare parts took 4 months to re-order, got lucky and picked up an old KSC usp and replaced the trigger from there.

/rant

Bad experience with KWA, thus I will own their products :)

---

Marui M4 GBBR will be pricey I bet.. bet the cnc body won't be subpar... i.e recoil engine AEG vs VFC AEG..

Not to mention the recoil engine EBB here in Canada range from 750-1000 lol.

I have one but prefer the vfc one as it loos miles better, the marui is a proformer (after a few upgrade to make it green gas safe) but so is the kriss (stock) but the build quality on the kriss is the best Iv seen. It just doesn't break, the only bad thing is lack of recoil. Marius scare me, I love them and have loads, but the only ones I can recommend are the ones with upgrades available because they do Break on green gas in stock form and upgrading is very expensive. The only upgraded a kwa will need is the evo2 hop kit if available for the particular model your looking for. VFC are good for the money but wouldn't touch there ar's or older mp5 but the newer ones are great and with VFC you can count on great looks there performance is getting better with every release, just look at there glocks the g18 they first released was a mess but there newest gen 4 is the best looking airsoft glock available and it performs decently well, my only gripe is the proprietary parts.

So far I'm enjoying my WE SMG8. Haven't skirmished it yet but satisfied with the couple of mags I've put through.

Will get the actual MP7 one down the line too. Means I have a backup, can dual wield or maybe sell the SMG8 off.

Check WGC, they sell the MP7 bodies for the SMG 8.

I have one but prefer the vfc one as it loos miles better

Really? I had thought it was pretty well agreed that the VFC MP7's were horrible. The outer barrel/inner casing, cheap trigger components and less than stellar gas efficiency.

This is true my Kriss has never skipped a beat its just outstanding. 

I would highly recommend staying at least 100ft away from VFC. Everything I've owned from them while externally stunning internally and performance has been worse than a Bell 1911 on Duster.  

The VFC MP7 is horrendous, can't even empty a mag on semi well from most people/videos I have seen. 

Maybe they improved it with later batches. Is the "outer barrel" still split into two pieces?

I doubt was a later batch, think I picked it up last summer, second hand. Shot few mags and sold it the following week, wasn't my cup of tea.

Also because I didn't want to pay $80 a mag and find a way to mod it for CQB FPS ><

Archived