A review of the BBBastard FRAG BBs. Please watch the whole video that was recorded in one continuous shot with no edits. These are for the FRAG line that they market as a budget friendly alternative. Their premium line is top notch.

https://youtu.be/d91KeA5nv7A

Before the review video, I did the coke/detergent cleaning, follower magazine guide, and tried a slew of other magazines to get these to feed in a midcap to no avail.

The company did eventually get back to me after watching the video. Refunded my money and also gave me a few bags of their premium line.

You have to modify your followers into L shapes. I used .28g and .30g bbs (all the normal american brands) in MAG m4 mids (130rds & 190rds), elite force mids, and beta project AK mids for a while. Cutting the followers and keeping the mags and bbs clean is all I needed to do.

If you read my 2nd paragraph, I did do the follower guide mod. I did everything I could find on the forums to try to get the BBs to feed in midcaps before posting the video. The reason why I did a continuous unedited video was to prove the BBs don't feed from an unopened box. The company has loyal customers which is great and the premium line is great too! But old positive reviews done on the FRAG line lead people to buy them and they then wonder why they misfeed.

The BBbastards premiums are good. The Madbull 0.30s are good too.

Edited by Cypher3060

The quality of the BB does matter because midcaps have a offset stack. It's like comparing the surface of ice and asphalt. You can glide across the ice in your shoes. Try it on asphalt and you won't get very far.

It will be the magazines and combinations with weapons that are causing the jamming, not the bbs. Even a 120rd midcap pushing .3g bbs is only pushing 36 grams at the very most. Hardly anything!

Not a problem. I just want people to be informed buyers. Again, the company's premium brand is great! But because of this incident, I'm hesitant to purchasing BBs that I haven't seen first hand. Even with positive reviews in the past.

i apologize Cypher, my reply was aimed at Gisburn.

The quality of the BB does matter because midcaps have a offset stack. It's like comparing the surface of ice and asphalt. You can glide across the ice in your shoes. Try it on asphalt and you won't get very far.

When you say an offset stack, do you mean that they are in the magazine in a double stacked fashion like a real double stacked magazine? If so, there's your problem.

I've never had a single midcap that does this. And the few that I have that didn't work, kept feeing rounds and jamming when such a thing happened

Single stacked mags do have that benefit where you run into less of a jamming issue. From the experiment that lead to the conclusion however, a double stacked midcap with the brand being reviewed don't work well together. If you watch the video, their own premium brand unloads fine in all the double stacked midcaps I had. Similarly with the elite force BBs. If I were to take your argument, all of the BBs I used, independent of brand/quality would've jammed because it was my double stacked midcaps. Which was not the case.

When you say an offset stack, do you mean that they are in the magazine in a double stacked fashion like a real double stacked magazine? If so, there's your problem.

I've never had a single midcap that does this. And the few that I have that didn't work, kept feeing rounds and jamming when such a thing happened

I'll have a look for that mod, the jamming issue isnt gun dependant as even if you pull the tab on the mag the bbs dont move up and sometimes I needed to totally strip the mag to clear the jam, I was looking at getting HS5 modified mag follows but thought maybe different brands would work.

Single stack -low cap/standards- for my TM M14 feed fine, but 70 rounds v hicap users dont work at most sites, and the choice for my SR25 is limited to 50 rounders, I have some PTS LR20 PMAGS for it that i'd love to use but will only feed 0.25g...

Jim

Edited by gisburn20

This shows the mod for a pistol, but it's the same concept for a midcap.

http://www.kwausa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7752

You can also try the diet coke/dish detergent wash for your BBs.

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/32-general-sniper-talk/1040-washing-bb-s.html

Also if you can open the magazine, make sure it's clean of debris.

I'll have a look for that mod, the jamming issue isnt gun dependant as even if you pull the tab on the mag the bbs dont move up and sometimes I needed to totally strip the mag to clear the jam, I was looking at getting HS5 modified mag follows but thought maybe different brands would work.

Single stack -low cap/standards- for my TM M14 feed fine, but 70 rounds v hicap users dont work at most sites, and the choice for my SR25 is limited to 50 rounders, I have some PTS LR20 PMAGS for it that i'd love to use but will only feed 0.25g...

Jim