A&K Mk46 Improved Retractable Stock

Vortix

Hey all, I guess this is as good a place as any to ask this question...

I'm currently in the process of getting our team's A&K Mk46 skirmishable and as soon as I have fixed the internals (which we have had P*red recently but still has hop and feeding issues) I'm going to start with the externals. One of the things I want to do with it is switching the current Para stock to a retractable stock. 

As far as I can see there are two ways to do that - either try to find a complete retractable stock, or find a stock adapter so I can use M4 stocks.

The first option would be my preference, but currently this seems to be the only store stocking them: http://gpairsoft-uk.com/shop/en/51522-gp-collapsible-stock-for-airsoft-aeg-m249-mk46-gp843-for-airsoft-gun.html

Anyone have any experience with them? Or does anybody have a spare Mk46 retractable stock lying around? 

Thanks in advance! :)

My A&K MK46 came with one of those retractable stocks. When these stocks were first released as an aftermarket purchase for M249's I did not care for their looks at all.

I must say though, after holding it and using it, I like it a lot and my original thoughts of replacing it with a full stock are no more.

It is a solid sturdy stock with zero issues or complaints from me. I have seen one online review which stated the locking pin would snag and not lock the stock into the adjustment positions.

A potentially cheaper option would be to buy the A&K brand rather than the G&P one you linked

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/a-k-mk46-butt-stock.html#.VSN-rfnF-qU

its a little cheaper but I am not sure how much shipping would cost you.

I think you might have fitting issues putting a G&P stock onto an A&K.. G&P M249s use V2 gearboxes so that would lead me to believe there may be some fitting issues amongst other parts. But I've used gpairsoft-uk a couple times before. Never had an issue. 

They fit with no issues (G&P stock on A&K, CA, or TOP M249). The buttplate is a big chunk of pot metal though, so the stock is heavier than you might expect.

Thanks. No problem, I expect the improved ergonomics to make up for that easily :)

Forgot to mention, sometimes A&K spare parts are sold under the AD Classic brand.  

According to Ehobby, the A&K stock is even heavier than the G&P version.  It may sound silly, but on hot days in mountainous terrain I've removed the buttplate just to save some weight.  

SDC10731.JPG

• 10 months later...

Unholy thread bump.

I'm building a Mk46/48 and want one of these enhanced stocks. I could buy an A&K for £380 with the stock already fitted or I could spend another £40 and get the CA Mk46 SPW and buy the A&K stock. Does the A&K stock plate/tube have an opening for batteries as the CA SPW is stock tube wired? Don't seem to get the angle on photos to see if it is possible.

Cheers.

So there's room for a stick type lipo in the stock tube, however, it feels a little bit narrower than a standard M4 tube due to the fact that the material is thicker so tread carefully. Also, you might have to drill a hole in the plate connecting the tube with the receiver but it was a *badgeress* to attach the stock. Don't feel like taking it off just to check... ;)

Does the stock actually come off the tube out of curiosity? Because if it somehow used standard buffer tubes that'd be sweet.

Also had a recommendation for a G&P for accuracy (vehicle mounts and lack of magwell). If one turns up when my bonus comes through I might splash on one (would need to rethread my barrel though)

Archived