Manly thread dies of old age: Arnie's not manly enough?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what the rules are.  Like if you're allowed to make your own armour, titanium, alloys e.t.c. I mean, with money, you could make some pretty decent armour for that type of combat and have an advantage over other guys lugging steel.

what you chatting bout? google just turns up stuff about "rounds" as in "round one... FIGHT" etc

Line or sport fencing is very restrictive

Fighting 'in the round' is basically you still have a restricted arena but you have a circular space to move in and work in.

I know that SCA has weight and minimum level rules for heavy plate for light class (sabre rapier etc) IDK

I prefer HEMA as its using blades not rattan

• 2 months later...

My chainsaw packed in today. Miffed, as it's a Stihl, and only a couple of years old...

Aaaaanyway, the two foot diameter tree had to come down, so I made it my *badgeress* with my felling axe.

First time I've felled a tree without a power tool, and, well, grrr.

Because the stihl dealer lives 5 minutes down the road, and my wife sorted his website and social media so good discount!

Edit, this may get me kicked from the thread, but I'm knackered. Spending the best part of a day twatting a massive lump of wood with a bit of steel takes it out of you. And I've spent a lifetime doing manual labour. Some 'day off' this was...

To be fair, I'd love to take over the whacking. I've dug the foundation of my house and sure, knackered! But the feeling of simple honest work does wonders for my mood.

Also, most of my shirts were suddenly a tad too tight. Girlfriend was quite pleased, rew.

The simple life is where it's at for me!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

To be fair, I'd love to take over the whacking. I've dug the foundation of my house and sure, knackered! But the feeling of simple honest work does wonders for my mood.

Also, most of my shirts were suddenly a tad too tight. Girlfriend was quite pleased, rew.

The simple life is where it's at for me!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

This!

Just spent 2 days in woodland, maintenance work for my uncle.

It's been bliss. Fully satisfying :)

Archived