Manly thread dies of old age: Arnie's not manly enough?

amateurstuntman

I just altered my immediate environment using hand tools and went to post the results on in the "Having a manly day" thread and discovered that it has been archived!

Nobody has had a manly day since December 2013!

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/186125-having-a-manly-day/page-14

Come on people, it's just been the Zombie Jesus bank holiday weekend.  Some of you must have some some DIY, hurt yourself or cried at the end of Backdraft?

Ladies feel free to post, you can have manly days too and remember: Ladies doing traditional "male" pursuits are very alluring.  It's probably a combination of the confidence needed to ignore traditional gender boundaries and it being so rare that it makes you exotic and interesting.

In fact just putting that paragraph in there is a bit condescending.

Which is an attribute much more common in men.  Meta manliness!

Anyway, like I said, I have been making things with tools.

I re-valved and re-hung my living room radiator which is boring then I had a bit of a tidy up.

There was some wood lying about so I made this:

Manly%20update_zpsyscqu0ds.jpg

I will christen it by building a Revell MP4-25, I have a week off and nothing to do.

Stay manly.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went looking for that thread the other day, couldn't find it.

Went to the pub last night and drank several pints of beer. Whilst there we chastised a couple of strangers for drinking an odd rhubarb-based cocktail which is the brightest pink colour I've seen since the 80's. They left*

*all good-natured, I don't go starting fights in pubs!

Also, if I get time, I will be making a solid oak desk top this afternoon, hewn from 3" thick slab using a hilariously dangerous table saw made from an upside down circular saw and a black and decker workmate.

Bye-bye, fingers!

Mine no longer ventures outside when I'm 'creating'.

Less from the danger though, more from the tirade of swear words. They act as a useful invisible barrier to keep her from approaching the garage.

Even the dogs know not to come near!

Bought a sharp knife, made it sharper.

Bought a 1/2" diameter ferrocerium rod, and made a handle for it. (out of a handle from an engineers file)

I have a lovely clean pallet from the paper delivery at my good lady's workplace sat in the garage. Am gonna build a crate out of that this week in between gym days.

I also like sharpening all the things.

Shocked my wife when we first started dating, she came over and couldn't believe you could get kitchen knives that would chop a raw chicken breast without having to saw your way through.

They get the whetstone treatment like all my knives. Scary sharp is the only sharp.

It seems I nicked my thumb on something while trying to chase down the fault on my bike, as I woke up with a swollen and sore thumb with a cut on it. Start of an infection, it seems.

Savlon and black electrical tape it is then.

Archived