Any one had experience with the Swiss Arms 'Protector' CO2 Mini Uzi?

Dentonboy

So...seen the above for sale on Action Hobbies' website...£180, metal, CO2, full auto, around <350fps power...has anyone used one? Is there a catch; seems like a cracking little piece of kit.

Action Hobbies a good retailer too?

Cheers!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If ur anywhere near portsmouth theyre selling them as airguns for 150. Didnt get to fire it as i brought an aks74u instead but its prettty much a perfect replica externally, excellent quality. Your limited for parts though - the swiss arms silencer is overpriced imo. The bayonet lug will take a pretty cool vert grip but thats US made.

Yeah, its site legal - just goes to show these gun laws can be prettty ambiguous-sorry but cant give directions I haven't been for years- but its called portsmouth gun shop and they sell firearms and airguns. Last time I was there they had the big boy= a real life colt.44 with 8" barrel, Im sure I saw Purdey under and over too-the sheer quality of a Purdey is unmistakable

Anyway theyre right near rhe station. Theyll order every umarex airgun and airsoft- they must have good connections cause they can get pretty much anything, if the uzi aint in stock theyll get it for you. I think it may have been a lot cheaper than 150 come to think...I remember the mp5 pdw being around 120.

Im almostsure its not full auto though

Maybe the old rebranding? I mean its mostly Chinese clones for eg look at the tri shot m3 shotties; compare an AY with a DE, a CYMA, an ASG Franchi- they're the same product.

Swiss arms Uzi I would call a premium product- but yeah it seems identical to others listed here KSC etc

There does seem to be several versions of the CO2 Mini Uzi...guess we shall see what they reply.

They're all KWC, the ones in shops now will be the newer '2011' versions which have a lower power output and different internals to the original ones which I have one of, Swiss Arms is just a Cybergun brand they're being sold under and there are a number of varients, 6mm full auto, 6mm semi only and 4.5mm semi only which is sold as an airgun rather than airsoft gun.

Yeah right downright confusing esp to somebody who hasn't used the gear in a game before- who doesn't love an Uzi though? I'm not sure about power but I know a .28 of a gram hurts more than one a mere .3 lighter- is a 4.5 mm bb more or less power? If they're selling an airgun they should make it fire lead pellets imo.

I would really like a full sized Uzi gbb with the wooden stock- My dad had a deactivated one once brought it from oxfam in its israeli issue box how tikes have changed- thered be a swat team firing flashbangs into the shop before storming the Iranian Embassy Style. I really miss that thing.

I had the KWC for a while it was too hot use anywhere and struggled to get a full mag from one bulb if ever using full auto.

Was that the old version of it? Those are silly hot and known for poor efficiency, the efficiency can be improved and I've heard of home-brew ways to reduce the power, I have had some machined power reduction valves on the cards for years (along with other bits) but I've yet to find time to do anything more than initital prototyping :(

The new ones do have a lower power output and different internals which may lend themselves better to the green gas conversions that KWC make/did make for them though I suspect that would reduce the power too much on the new Mini UZIs, maybe one day I'll get around to doing some upgrade/downgrade parts for those....

One way to increase the efficiency, is to lose the stock piston head.

I think the hi-capa 5.1 head is a drop in fit - that's from memory though, I'm going back a bit.

The Hi-Capa piston heads were the ones people used in the old versions although I have a loading nozzle from my old mini UZI sat on my desk and the cylinder bore is smaller than on the Hi-Capa so I don't know what the fit is actually like.

"Sorry Item out of Stock"

They're not that expensive new anyway, infact they're quite a bit cheaper than other similar size GBB SMGs and the mags are quite reasonably priced imo.

This thread has made me dig my old Mini UZI out to start looking seriously at upgrade (or should that be downgrade in fps terms?) parts and accessories for them again though...

Irrc there was a kwc conversion kit to run the mags on green and there was/is a kit to run them via a remote line.

Yes there is a green gas conversion, stock in shops seems intermittent but they do exist, the issue I foresee is that on the old Mini UZIs that did about 480fps on Co2 the conversion dropped it down to under 328fps from what I recall, so if the new one is around 350fps in stock form on Co2 the green gas conversion might lower it far too much.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/kwc-gas-valve-for-mini-uzi-sigma-sw40f-desert-eagle-co2-version.html#.VTeOhZOPu1k

£180, metal, CO2, full auto, around <350fps power...has anyone used one? Is there a catch; seems like a cracking little piece of kit.

There are a number of 'catches'. The first is that the KWC Mini UZI is one of the most commonly misadvertised guns in airsoft - it is not full metal. Whilst there is quite a lot of metal in the gun (the outer barrel, magazine, bolt, FCG and top cover) the receiver and grip frame are plastic. It's not bad plastic - you could easily mistake it for metal, because the gun is very heavy - but it is plastic nonetheless.. There is a remarkably affordable Guarder MBK for the gun (OEM'd by RA-Tech) which replaces the receiver and grip frame with aluminium, but it's been a while since any were made. It is still available if you know where to look. I recently acquired this Guarder-kitted example from blobface:

OlCsYgy.jpg

I've since pimped it out with all of the very, very few upgrade parts available for this gun (all made by Guarder).

My experience so far suggests that the major problems are:

1. Running extremely hot. The gun chronographs in the 430-450fps range with CO2 bulbs and 0.20g BBs. However, simply by wrapping little O-rings around the little part (rocket valve?) inside the nozzle, you can choke the gun down to whatever power level you like. I have a second bolt running at about 320-330fps, but this is one of the simplest GBBs in airsoft - you can disassemble the gun, put the O-rings on, and reassemble it in under sixty seconds without tools.
  2. Poor efficiency. Although mine will full-auto dump, plenty won't. That's not really a big problem - it has a reasonable magazine capacity (38+1), and you'll rarely be dumping the magazine. But it is expensive and very wasteful of the 12g capsules the gun runs on as stock. Fortunately, adapting the gun to be bottle fed from a 20lb paintball bottle or other larger CO2 container is quite easy; swatti, a user on this forum, has already done it, and I'll be doing the same soon.

There are some significant advantages to the gun, though.

1. It is almost laughably simple. Firing from a true open bolt, take down is toolless and takes seconds. The gun is robust and according to blobface, KWC's support is excellent.
  2. It's very affordable - sometimes less than half the price of more modern guns (MP9, MP7 etc.) with much less recoil. Yes, their accuracy is better, but for close range work the KWC is absolutely adequate.
  3. If you convert it to bottle fed, the propellant is very affordable too - much cheaper than green gas and I think possibly even cheaper than propane - and doesn't smell bad indoors, either.
  4. It's rare. I've never seen another one at a skirmish. 

I have just been quoted £270 for an old-school TM Uzi AEG. I would love one of those!

I have an acquaintance who's got a TM UZI he bought before the VCRA came into effect which he's looking to dispose of. It is allegedly in full working order, but is supplied unboxed. I would guess at about £125-150 or so; let me know if you're interested.

Archived