Any one had experience with the Swiss Arms 'Protector' CO2 Mini Uzi?

Dentonboy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to 3D-print the bottom cap from metal in hopes of bottle-feeding mine.

It may be possible to create a "mag-extension" that fits the threads and turn the mag into 30rd mag along with a bigger gas reservoir.

I have one working prototype of the valve'd bottom-caps made from m22 x 1.5 bolt. Don't trust me on the number tho...

Also, I'm in process of 3D modelling the upper and lower frames. Once done, I'l print em out of plastic to see if they work, if yes, I'l print them from STEEEEEL!

Depending what the steel-printing costs, I might be able to sell em.

... And using GG in a co2 gun is like refueling F1 car with diesel...

Can't resist, sorry. Car nut ;)

Considering F1s use turbos nowadays, running one on diesel would be VERY overpowered compared to petrol.

Diesel provides much more exhaust volume needed to run a turbo, thus giving an opportunity to use a bigger one giving much more power and one thing F1s lack, torque and more importantly, low revs torque.

Also the they could reduce the fuel-capasity below current amounts to reduce weight even further.

Reason they don't use diesel is simply because not even F1 downforce could keep those tires on the road.

Take it from someone who's built few racing diesels ;)

Oh snaps, they gots PINK(!!) Grip-set... Gotta get me those. Finaly a place i can buy the bayonet lug rail...

I take it there is no built in vertical grip for the MINI-version of UZI? Theres one for the SMG but all adds say it wont fit the MINI

The lower looks VERY close to real-steel, all the pins are in the right place atleast... Thats comparing the KWC lower and parts to the "german uzi lower" picture. 

The lower being plastic i could live with but just imagine the sound if the UPPER were steel. May need to pull my lower off and see if the local gun-store has any mini-uzi model in their stock or range. Should be easy to way to try if it fits or viseversa. Think i'd be bit scared if that fit "just like that" :D

BTW:

There is very nice comparison between KWC and IMI uzis here:

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?146008-Translated-repost-A-beautiful-comparison-of-a-few-GBB-UZIs-with-the-IMI-UZIs

Sadly it seems its the KWC version 1 uzi. 

There is very nice comparison between KWC and IMI uzis here:

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?146008-Translated-repost-A-beautiful-comparison-of-a-few-GBB-UZIs-with-the-IMI-UZIs

Sadly it seems its the KWC version 1 uzi. 

The thing that I did not like about KWC's Mini UZI is that they could not make the top cover like the RS.  The KWC one is flat and the RS is not

Swatti, I think a better bet might be just trial-fitting a RS Uzi grip frame. They're readily available both as dirt cheap stripped frames and still affordable populated frames. A US user - like planeman, above - might be able to check it out for us.

Unfortunately the grip safety is preventing me to install an RS Grip as it is different than the RS.  I tried using an RS grip safety but is not compatible with the KWC body without doing mods to the RS grip safety.  Sucks as it fits without the grip safety.  I think the RS grip frame is compatible with the KWC but will only work with KWC's grips.

I'm thinking about picking up a RS top cover - those are just drop-in, right?

The RS top cover is a straight in fit.  The problem is that they are hard to get in the USA, and the ones that are for sale are converted from an full size UZI top cover.

Regarding the grip, if you mod the RS grip safety, can you fit the RS grip and safety to the KWC? If you do, do you still have to use KWC's grips?

I think you can but have not tried it yet 

How about the grip/lower frame? Entirely... Cant be drop in... ?

Don't know as I don't have an RS grip frame.

• 7 months later...

Hello kwc mini uzi owners, do any of you have or know where i can find for sale the early model (not version 2) magaziens ? Ive been looking every where but no luck yet. I'm also after a bayonet lug 20mm rail but the only places i can find them in the us wont ship to the uk. Also has anyone tried modifying a v2 mag to work in the v1 uzi? And does anyone here know what it is exsactly that makes them incompatable? Sorry for all the questions but i needs answers. Cheers

Hello kwc mini uzi owners, do any of you have or know where i can find for sale the early model (not version 2) magaziens ? Ive been looking every where but no luck yet. I'm also after a bayonet lug 20mm rail but the only places i can find them in the us wont ship to the uk. Also has anyone tried modifying a v2 mag to work in the v1 uzi? And does anyone here know what it is exsactly that makes them incompatable? Sorry for all the questions but i needs answers. Cheers

V1 mags havent been made in loooong time. Most likely sold out everywhere by now. I'd say only chance is to find them as used... 

Also tried to look for the lug-mount. Found ONE shipping to Finland, but it was about 50 bucks AND it was way too short, like three ribs or so. The mount itself is plastic so it will snap quite fast. The rail needs to be the long one and one more screw needs to be added to the handguard or the lug will snap.

Well i recon 3 ribs is enouth to attach a vertical grip or a laser. I'm picking up a metal body kit so that should give me a stronger mount. Can you post the link? Hopefully they will ship to the uk. I'm looking on zero in for used mags but it will be a while before i can acsess the classfields on here to look for them. I'm hopeing someone out there has killed there uzi and has mags to sell or has decided to update to the newer model. If you see any up for grabs please do let me know. 3 is just not enough.

Oh yes indeed. I was a bit miffed when i found out it wasnt the newer model but the only reason i wanted the newer one was becsuse the last one i had was spitting out 450 fps plus and i heard the v2's were weaker. So you can imagine the grin on my face when i chroned it with .2s and found it was consistantly fireing at 295 fps. Very happy indeed dentonboy. Thank you

• 5 months later...

Thought I'd bump this thread. I found this scan of the disassembly instructions, and the guy has other guides on taking apart the bolt, hop etc.

http://mutationengine.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/kwc-mini-uzi-disassembly-diagram.html

As they are fairly cheap I thought I would order the Guarder Aluminum CNC Strike Guide and enhanced piston lid. I'm minded to think that the gun should be kept stock until something goes wrong... but is it worth fitting them as soon as?

Cheers.;

As they are fairly cheap I thought I would order the Guarder Aluminum CNC Strike Guide and enhanced piston lid. I'm minded to think that the gun should be kept stock until something goes wrong... but is it worth fitting them as soon as?

Those parts are for the original KWC Mini UZI, the one branded as the 'Swiss Arms Protector' is the KWC '2011' Mini UZI which has redesigned internals and I'm not actually aware of any aftermarket parts for it, at least not designed specifically for it.

For the new v2 uzi you can buy lower power floating valves direct from kwc. theres also a more expensive ally one available from shapways. The guarder metal body kits, carbine kits and silencers all fit both new and old models but thats it as far as i'm aware.

For the new v2 uzi you can buy lower power floating valves direct from kwc. theres also a more expensive ally one available from shapways. The guarder metal body kits, carbine kits and silencers all fit both new and old models but thats it as far as i'm aware.

Thanks Svman. Don't suppose you'd be able to point me in the right direction? Had a look on KWC's website but no dice.

My Uzi was shooting... very hot! 

Does anyone else have experience of successfully reducing FPS? 

Cheers

Archived