Any one had experience with the Swiss Arms 'Protector' CO2 Mini Uzi?

Dentonboy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh the guarder mag release spring fits the new model uzi too. Although kwc sell all their spare parts very cheap they are often out of stock for a lot of them. Have a look at the exploaded diagram on the back of the manual and make a shopping list. They will email you when production runs of parts you are after are made.Great service as far as my experience goes.

Double post.

With the high FPS I am getting I assume I have a V1. The mag it came with has a flathead screw base, and came with a "coin" tool. It seems the new ones have an allen key base... I'm assuming also the mags are incompatible? If so - anybody know a place for v1 mags?

Cheers! 

Yep youve got a v1 allright. Mags are not stocked anywhere globaly as far as i can tell. I looked myself. If you fancy a second v1 uzi i have one for sale with 3 x mags you can buy for £120 collected but i cant split the mags from the gun. The little hop up nub part no p09 is damaged and needs replacing but you could transfer the one from yours in there. Mine fires at around 300 fps. Still waiting for kwc to make more hop up nubs but if you did want the uzi i could post you one as soon as they turn up.

Thank you but i'm sticking with the v2 myself. For that price someone will probably buy it for back yard plinking. Once i sort the hop on mine i may be able to sell it without the spare mags but i dont know when kwc are gonna make more nubs.

Good news bad news;

Bad news - Emily at KWC said that they don't stock the low power valve

Good news - Skypro apparently has the old style magazines in stock, though maybe worth emailing them to check http://www.skyproairsoft.com/prod_detail.php?item_id=46

My gut is telling me that I should just get a v2 uzi, but there we go...

Cheers

To be honest the only problem with the type 1 uzi is getting your mits on spare mags. If you can get them then youll be allright. But youll have to put o rings on your floating valve to bring the power down if you want to field it. The other option is to hpa tap your mag and run a tube from a hi cap aeg mag into the bottom to give you a bottomless capacity smg. A bit of work but a lot of fun i rekon.

Bad news - Emily at KWC said that they don't stock the low power valve

Cheers

Can you please ask this "emily" is KWC still makes those "Green gas adapters" and where can i buy em

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/kwc-gas-valve-for-mini-uzi-sigma-sw40f-desert-eagle-co2-version.html#.V1kzibuLRD8

I need those. Lots of em

From everything ive read about the green gas adaptors they dont work very well due to the kwc mini uzi being designed to run on co2 at a much higher pressure than green gas. You could always make one by drilling and tapping a bolt with the same thread as the co2 key to accept a filler valve. Pop a stout o ring in there and you should pretty much have the same thing.

From everything ive read about the green gas adaptors they dont work very well due to the kwc mini uzi being designed to run on co2 at a much higher pressure than green gas. You could always make one by drilling and tapping a bolt with the same thread as the co2 key to accept a filler valve. Pop a stout o ring in there and you should pretty much have the same thing.

I'd be using the WITH Co2 because i have a paintball bottle full of it. 5 capsules here cost like ~7-8 euros. Filling a 600g bottle is 4e. I run ALL my gas-guns DH-modded and with that.

OR! If i had direct measurements of that part, i could have em CNC'd. Maybe. Doesnt look very difficult or expensive part.

Does this "emily" -person work for KWC or one of the retailers?

• 4 weeks later...

OR! If i had direct measurements of that part, i could have em CNC'd. Maybe. Doesnt look very difficult or expensive part.

I have access to three of those adapters, and have three different people signed up for CO2 versions of them (we all want to do DevilHunter-style modifications). If I get you the relevant measurements, can you arrange the manufacture of them? I may even be able to get them 3D modelled.

I have access to three of those adapters, and have three different people signed up for CO2 versions of them (we all want to do DevilHunter-style modifications). If I get you the relevant measurements, can you arrange the manufacture of them? I may even be able to get them 3D modelled.

Out of curiocity are you planning on filling directly into the magazine or using a used Co2 cartridge as the gas chamber?

If people are still after the green gas adapters these days that is something I could make, I have a CNC lathe, a pile of aluminium bar in the correct size, drills, taps and a Mini UZI magazine to work from, I think the only thing I'm missing is a 1.5mm pitch threading insert. 3D Modelling seems a bit excessive though :P The program for it could be written in notepad from a quick sketch really, the only issue I can see is how they seal as there is no lip in the magazine to push an o-ring against, it looks like the KWC adapters would stick out of the bottom of the mag slightly in order to create one.

Out of curiocity are you planning on filling directly into the magazine or using a used Co2 cartridge as the gas chamber?

Just straight into the magazine, no CO2 capsule inserted. Swatti has hydrotested the KWC Mini UZI magazines and found the O-rings fail long before the body of the magazine will. If I was going to use a CO2 cartridge as the pressure vessel I'd either have to insert a new fill valve into the magazine somewhere (like the DevilHunter-modified GHK M4 CO2 magazines), which would be very difficult, or buy those refillable 12g CO2 capsules that PPS make and refill those through the screwcap in the bottom of the magazine.

If people are still after the green gas adapters these days that is something I could make, I have a CNC lathe, a pile of aluminium bar in the correct size, drills, taps and a Mini UZI magazine to work from, I think the only thing I'm missing is a 1.5mm pitch threading insert. 3D Modelling seems a bit excessive though :P The program for it could be written in notepad from a quick sketch really, the only issue I can see is how they seal as there is no lip in the magazine to push an o-ring against, it looks like the KWC adapters would stick out of the bottom of the mag slightly in order to create one.

Now you're talking! The KWC adapters seal using two O-rings and seem to work just fine:

KWC-KW058_2_mark.jpg

If you were going to make them, any idea what the projected cost per unit would be?

If needed / it would be usefuI could model one / produce a fully dimensioned drawing for you. I would need one for a few days to measure up. No charge :)

• 5 weeks later...
If you were going to make them, any idea what the projected cost per unit would be?

Realistically they'll probably be around £14 given them requiring a few operations to make, being low volume and working in the UK but they're the sort of product I'd offer packs of for discounted prices and introductary prices for people ordering them soon after release which would be getting closer to £10 each, they won't include a fill valve but they will be tapped to take common Madbull steel fill valves or the KJW valves people seem to like.

I have got a half finished prototype adapter sat infront of me right now so it's likely I will make them, I'm just waiting for my new CNC mill to arrive to do the other half so I can test the seals before I start production.

I've also re-started prototyping some other bits for the Mini UZI such as a machined aluminium power reduction valve I've wanted to do for a long time, having in-house CNC milling capability should hopefully allow me to finally do those soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Brilliant! Put me down for 7, please - I look forward to seeing them!

Excellent! I should say they will be sold for green gas use only and using Co2 will be at your own risk of course ;)

For those with the original KWC Mini UZI doing 480,000fps I finished a prototype CNC machined sub-1j floating valve yesterday along with some other bits, I have one issue though, my original magazine had an accident with the floor in my workshop and the feedlips got slightly damaged which will slow down further testing  :( Does anyone know if the new 2011 magazines are dimensionally different? I'm aware the release valve is different and I'm sure I've read somewhere that the valves can be swapped between the two magazines to make a new one work in the old UZI but I could do with a new magazine.

Excellent! I should say they will be sold for green gas use only and using Co2 will be at your own risk of course ;)

I promise not to come crying to you when I've got half an UZI lodged in my skull. :D 

I have one issue though, my original magazine had an accident with the floor in my workshop and the feedlips got slightly damaged which will slow down further testing  :( Does anyone know if the new 2011 magazines are dimensionally different? I'm aware the release valve is different and I'm sure I've read somewhere that the valves can be swapped between the two magazines to make a new one work in the old UZI but I could do with a new magazine.

I believe V2 magazines fit and feed in the V1 UZI. I tried it, and it didn't work properly, but I believe that's just because the valves are different. The old magazines are unobtanium so something will have to be done.

I believe V2 magazines fit and feed in the V1 UZI. I tried it, and it didn't work properly, but I believe that's just because the valves are different. The old magazines are unobtanium so something will have to be done.

A bit of gentle file work did the trick on the old mag but I do have a 2011 Mini UZI now as well to make parts for/check compatibility as well so I might have a go at swapping the valves at some point just to see.

Interestingly the bolt in the 2011 version is quite a bit more complex, seems to be a better design but just as much room to improve the efficiency as with the old one, and reduce the fps!

Yup - interesting in seeing there is a way to get the new mags to fit the old gun. I've put my uzi project on hold for the mo but it's looking like I'm going to buy 5 mags which may or may not be the old style, and if they are the new style... buy a new model uzi!

If it turns out that I end up getting a new uzi I'm happy to donate my old one Rob for R&D purposes. 

thanks 

Archived