Tough yet smart trousers...

Tw1tch

In a little bit of a quandary here. For work I need something that looks formal (no jeans or cargos etc) and is black, however they need to be hardwearing as I'm always clambering over barrels in the cellar and keep managing to split the formal trousers I buy, so I'm just throwing away money where I could buy a couple of decent, hardwearing sets.

I've started looking into the tactical and law enforcement kit but they all seem to have cargo pockets which is a no go at work.

Just wondering if you wise folks know of anything that might suit?

5.11 covert might be worth a look. I switched to them after similar workplace based whinging. Fine for crawling under desks, etc, but couldn't say how they'd be for more strenuous work - you can't have the same level of robustness without more obvious reinforcement, etc.

If 'uniform', do work not have to provide? Or at least subsidise? Can't remember the ins and outs about it :)

Black trousers and black shoes are considered items that everyone has, where a company would have to pay for actual PPE or anything that is not common clothing (particularly items with logos)

Archived