TM HK45 vs. Umarex HK45

So I'm in the debate of either going all out with a TM HK45 or a Umarex HK45. I know that at least with TM there will be a ton of aftermarket parts...and as for Umarex/KWA, so far from what I've seen they have the metal slides and various outer barrels for them. But can anyone or does anyone know where I can read up (at least on here) of a comparison of the 2? Or does anyone have any first hand knowledge? Any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Ive got the KWA one and I love it. Lightweight metal slide is nice, works in the cold, feels good in the hand. The range is outstanding. Ive never owned a pistol that shoots so far! And that includes TM 1911s and Capas

There are two threads on here about each.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

bankz5152: Can you link me please to the threat for the Umarex/KWA one please? I'm currently reading the review on the TM one on here.

Im going space: I've currently got a TM one coming in from my local shop that I should be picking up this week. I'm looking to get back into playing since I've been out for awhile, and am deciding to start with playing pistols first. I plan on keeping my TM stock and just adding a threaded barrel (I'm a suppressor guy purely for looks and not play).

I'm just trying to see what is obviously gonna be best for play, and if anything I'll end up picking up a Umarex/KWA down the road and just dressing it up. But I'd still like to get your guys opinion on both especially in terms of durability,.

Marui has better design and slightly better function, kwa made with better materials, looks and feels better, evo 2 hop is a must. Kwa is slightly better option IMO. Recent maruis are not as well made as older models and require after market parts to be as durable as they should be.

Yeah that doesn't sound great. This is the prestige brand after all; I can't fault their technology-not after firing their latest ebbrs last game day- but their pistols stock I felt were too light, even if the finish was excellent- weight is very important.

• 1 month later...

Dang!....well there goes those mods!

BioRage: what aftermarket parts would you use? I'm still waiting for some good internals to come out so I can upgrade mine

Not much you need to do,

More support for M&P9.

Rubber, inner barrel, whatever is available, mine was stock.

2015-04-26%2022.59.25.jpg

2015-04-26%2022.59.33.jpg

How are you liking the SAI setup? I'd get one but...I'm more of a traditional style user when it comes to the pistols. Although if I'm ever able to get my hands on a glock and an SAI with RMR adapter then I'll probably go that route..just can't quite justify spending so much on a slide and barrel and then playing with it..something like that would be more of a mantle/display piece for me. Still beautiful though.

It was nice, I sold it off a bit ago. Not my style, pistol a bit to large for my as I only run CQB only. -- switched to CO2, and a cheaper alternative, don't want to be running around with a $600 pistol when my 180 one does just fine :P