Alternative to crye trousers with inseam longer then 35"

dj john

I've been looking around for a pair of combat trousers that actually had legs long enough to fit me, but I've only found crye that makes trousers with inseam longer then 35" and the stores I've tried here in the UK either won't stock them or left me waiting for about a month just to let me know how long I would have to wait for them to stock them. So is there any alternative brand that does combat trousers in about 37" inseam?

I don't know if your set on RS stuff, but the Emerson Crye copies have a significant amount of material folded and hemmed at the base of the leg which can be un-stitched and unfolded to give you a bit more material to play with.  There is a thread/post about it somewhere on here.

I have some Emersons, not sure there's enough on them to give you up to a 37".

The only real alternative to Crye for trousers with built in pads used to be Claw Gear, but they've changed all their line so I don't know what they're like these days. My old Claw Gear gen 1 are good though.

Very long in the leg, and I'm 6'2" so it might be worth a go?

I emailed claw gear with this very same question. They only make them in 32" inseam at the moment. Apparently their mk4 version is going to have different leg lengths.

UrTactical make the OPS Direct Action pants which come in different lengths. I tried the 3D variant and found the tabs for securing the knee pads dug in at the back of the knee when kneeling. Looks like their Gen2 variant has tabs more similar to the crye's which don't wrap all the way around the back. Really they should have put the tabs a bit lower on the calfs!

I'm in the same boat as the OP currently!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not dead set on crye, it just seemed like they where the only ones who had long enough legs but it seems like they are very hard to get a hold off. I would have gone for Emerson or similar but seeing as they are Asian sizes and I'm 6'5" I doubt they will have enough fabric and it seems the ops direct are only made to 35 inseam so I think I might just have do with something not multicam and go for the uf pro ones as they do the right leangth.. Also a hell of a lot cheaper than crye hehe..

Archived