Another SAA question.......sorry

Lowprofile

Its as Steaktipz says, its a Marushin X cartridge SAA in Super Chrome Silver. 

I can tell for definite because the picture is mine. Also Lowprofile I'd keep questions to one thread rather than making anymore for related topic.

The plastic used to make them is brittle and akin to something you'd find hanging in the toy section of a post office. That aside FPS is in the low 200's with 134 (it wont take green), no adjustable hop and reloading is wildly impractical, since you obviously cant remove the cylinder to reload each shell.

A lot of tanaka revolvers do though I have a feeling I've read that the SAA's are an exception, so I'd say with the SAA's assume its just 6 shots. either way they're loaded from the front and some models have a removable cylinder system too. Which means filling the gas is a little easier since you don't need to use a extended nozzle tool.

Silver Jupiter finish.

Look closer. That be a Marushin.

edit: dangit, beaten to it.

Anyhoo, you can load Marushins up front like Tanakas too. Just don't take the cartridges out. Personally though that's what I like most about them (loading them like the real thing) and yes, I do skirmish with them and against AEGs to boot. They do suffer in the fps department but my black heavyweight does 270-300 on green gas. I had to install the hop up myself and doubles the effective range to 20m. For some reason though my chrome silver shoots some 50fps slower, might be from the looser tolerances needed prior to plating as there's considerable slop between the cylinder and forcing cone.

Real steel, this is as far as the hammer goes.

P1850.png

Notice that the firing pin is actually poking into the cylinder so having it loaded this way is a recipe for disaster.

Tanakas go in deeper when firing having a bounding hammer, but looks like that at rest.

Marushins look like that when firing and hang back a little at rest. But as their hammers function similarly to the original (not a bounding hammer), can discharge a round if you bump against the hammer while at rest.

edit:

I just realized I react exactly like this whenever the topic comes up so please don't be scared away from the heavy mouth breathing.

61625153.jpg

Ah yeah . Never fired one but those but held one an they don't feel great but then I insist on HW Tanaka's when it comes to revolvers the standards feel wrong.

You'll be happy with the new V2s then. Part of the "upgrade" is increased weight through molded inserts in the grip like TM. Adapting them for real grips will be harder though (you'll need to carve the wood) but the V2 + heavyweight are very close to real weights now.

On the Marushin SAAs, the non HW models are comically light and will need the insertion of weights by yourself. If you add weights on an already HW model you can get to Tanaka levels at about 750g.

Archived