Can any French/generally knowledgeable members advise on handgun ownership question?

hitmanNo2

So I know someone that has just moved to France to semi retire.  They are English and have bought a property in France and permanently live there.  They are somewhat out in the middle of nowhere with lots of deer...They've only been there a couple of months or so and have had their first car/deer collision.  It survived and had to be dealt with.  I gather with a large rock, poor thing.

Now I know, in the UK depending on your circumstances, you can apply for a pistol for humane dispatch purposes if you meet the requirements, on a section 1 license. And the thought occurred to me maybe there is something similar in France.  I know the firearm laws are waaaay laxer than over here with handguns available on a license.  Something I read was, you can buy a modern built handgun if it was built to a design before 18xx (I forget the date) without any type of license.  Would it be possible get one of those (I suppose something like an SAA) with one round and keep it hidden in the car somewhere should it happen again? 

A hammer is only slightly better than a rock..  Tomahawk is still pretty brutal.  I suppose a blade would be easiest once you learn the typical artery locations e.t.c. I figure a firearm would make it a lot easier to do.

Archived