TM Glock 17 jerking to the right when the hammer falls?

I got a brand-new TM Glock 17 and when I first took it out to shoot I noticed it had a tendency to shoot to the right. When I practiced dry firing, I discovered that the gun jerks ever so slightly to the right when the hammer falls. 

I have ruled out user error, as I have good trigger control and never experienced such jerking with any other GBB I've owned/handled, and other experienced shooters have tried out my Glock and confirmed that something's funky with the innards.

What could be a mechanical cause for the gun to pull right when the hammer falls?

1)  Get someone else to shoot it.

2)  Put it on a vice bolted to a table and test

3) If after 1) 2) still shoots to the right, Check if:

- Outer barrel is sitting centre of slide, is fixed or rattling?

- Inner barrel is rattling inside outer barrel

- Take slide off and fit outer barrel to frame.  Note natural alignment

- Reassemble, and pull slide back, note natural barrel alignment/direction

- Inner barrel sitting centre of outer barrel

- See if anything has broken off at the hop unit which may offset the barrel alignment/direction

I have had all sorts of pistols, either shooting to the left, to the right, down from point of aim, or shooting everywhere.

Most common is shooting everywhere such as the KJW P226/P229s, KSC Glocks, WA M92FS etc where it was either

- the inner barrel was rattling inside the outer barrel.  

- the outer barrel trunion was loose when pinned to the frame.

Solution is basically either a cellotape/brass/eproxy barrel bushing installed inside the outer barrel to stop inner barrel moving around the outer barrel, or tighten the mounting area of the barrel to frame with a hammer and punch.

If its shooting to the left or right or down it can get tricky.  You file the opposite direction where the barrel is sitting and you use eproxy to push the inner barrel to the correct point of aim, spraying a release agent onto the inner barrel before applying the eproxy.  I had to do this to a number of KSC and WE pistols as they are terrible with barrel alignment.  I actually did a brass bushing mod which did exactly the same pushing the barrel off to one side on a WE SIG 228 as it was shooting down and right.

I have personally never seen a Marui having its barrel misaligned, so perhaps also check the inner barrel for burs/crowning and deformation/warping.

It's not a barrel issue since the jerk to the right is observable when dry-firing (no ammo, no gas). This has been confirmed by other people who have also dry-fired it. Whatever it is, it's an issue towards the back of the gun. 

If I consciously apply more than normal pressure with my support (left) hand, accuracy is dead on with half-dollar-sized groupings at 5m. Something is causing the jerk when either the trigger breaks or the hammer falls.  

TM Glock hammers aren't perfectly symmetrical which means the inertia they impart when thrown is imbalanced. The roller is on the left so there's more mass there which could, at least in theory, cause the gun to torque to the right. But that's a really small amount of mass we're talking about and more than anything it could just be exacerbated by an improper grip.

Pistol-shooting-chart.jpg

You're ruling out user error as well as equipment error. We have nothing else to speculate on other than it being a figment of your imagination or actual gremlins. Maybe take a video of you dry firing the G17 and any other Glock that seems to be working finefine for you.

The tab on your hop-up unit that the takedown lever locks into could be messed up, changing the barrel alignment.  If the entire gun moves right, you could try dumbbell hammer curls 2 times a week for a few months!  For a beginner, 3 sets of 8 repetitions with perfect form and 60 seconds of rest in between sets would be good enough to hit the brachioradialis and strengthen the forearms.

This is exactly what I meant. I said multiple times that a) it's not me as has been confirmed by multiple other shooters and b ) it's something with the gun but not the barrel. No assumptions. These are facts. 

I'm looking for others who have had a similar experience and can tell me where the mechanical problem lies. Not looking for shooting tips as I have extensively shot real-steel and my airsoft pistol shooting is fine (currently doing competitions). 

You live in Japan right? Bring the lemon back to tokyo marui and demand a replacement. The only country that you can do that. It could have some thing to do with the slide not cycling on the rail right, take gun apart completely and reinstall everything, look out for imperfection burs etc during the process.

Archived