The most Advanced Airsoft Grenade in the World!

bettyblue84

Posting this from another forum as the person whos making them is having problems registering.

Hi everyone,

I am about to release a re-usable Airsoft grenade to rival none.

This product is going live on Kickstarter within the next week and I would love to get some feedback from you guys and perhaps if you are interested then you might like to follow it's progress.

The first people to get one will be helping me to develop it further and improve it's features and functionality as it can be upgraded via USB.

Here is the draft Kickstarter Promo Video and my facebook page where you can see progress of the products development.

https://www.kickstar...?token=4b969eef

www.facebook.com/molyneux.systems

This is very exciting and I would love to have your questions and feedback.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mas-g-advanced-airsoft-grenade

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The following applies to the Kickstarter page, since although some of the questions are answered elsewhere the Kickstarter page will be your primary sales pitch. It looks promising, but you don't talk at all about how the firing portion of the grenade actually works. Is it blank-firing? Reloadable cartridges? How about the battery - is it a LiPo, a NiMH? Is it a standard size, or proprietary? Is that the final design - and if so, why have you got exposed cap-head machine screws at one end that concentrate force and could injure someone, when you could recess them? How do the automatic updates work - do they work on Mac and PC? Is there software we need to install, and if so, how is that supported?

I want something like this very much, but your draft is a way off ready - hell, even the design of the grenade itself could use some work IMO, especially concerning those bolt heads. If it doesn't use blanks - the UK standard, and rightly so given how affordable they are, why not? Can you guarantee a supply of these presumably proprietary explosives?

I think this is a great idea, but it needs polish.

The reload could be the make/break for this.  If it is 9mm blanks, or can use them with an adapter then I'd be up for one, but if it does not take them, especially if it's propriety, then I can see that being a killer.  Also I have a feeling you can't promote an item like this on Kickstarter (though I note it's up on Idiegogo as well - though at £5 more)

Copy/paste from owner

So, by popular demand.. The people have spoken!!!

This product will now be supplied with a blank / primer base.

There will be an insert which will cater for different gauge blank ammunition but initially it will allow for 9mm blanks with a primer insert (spacer) to allow for the smaller charge.

The proprietary base will be an optional extra.

How does that sound?

I've got 60 days to design a holder and a sprung hammer released by a solenoid, that's more than long enough.

Are there any more suggestions?

Also note Kickstarter didnt allow this on their site and thats why it was put on indigogo

This is great and all but I'd had hope to see the prototype to at least go off during the video, at £55 a piece, it seems... too cheap? I've been burned / semi-burned by Kickstarter projects so I'm wary, but if it can deliver the features on the list? Then it'd no doubt blow everything else out of the water, even at double the pledge price per unit. 

*I wonder how hard it is to have a simulate pin / spoon as well. 

Will keep my eye on this. Will be sold in the EU so no extra taxes on import, right?

Depends on tomorrow's election ;) UK is currently in the EU ... but by the time this reaches the market.... ;) (tounge firmly in cheek :D )

The following applies to the Kickstarter page, since although some of the questions are answered elsewhere the Kickstarter page will be your primary sales pitch. It looks promising, but you don't talk at all about how the firing portion of the grenade actually works. Is it blank-firing? Reloadable cartridges? How about the battery - is it a LiPo, a NiMH? Is it a standard size, or proprietary? Is that the final design - and if so, why have you got exposed cap-head machine screws at one end that concentrate force and could injure someone, when you could recess them? How do the automatic updates work - do they work on Mac and PC? Is there software we need to install, and if so, how is that supported?

I want something like this very much, but your draft is a way off ready - hell, even the design of the grenade itself could use some work IMO, especially concerning those bolt heads. If it doesn't use blanks - the UK standard, and rightly so given how affordable they are, why not? Can you guarantee a supply of these presumably proprietary explosives?

I think this is a great idea, but it needs polish.

Not sure if your on the other forum mate.  Posted your concerns and here is the reply.

The battery is LiPo and not serviceable due to the soldered connection required for reliability and the high current required for igniting the fuse at such a low voltage.

The grenade currently uses proprietary pre-loads but due to demand we are currently designing a solenoid actuated sprung hammer blank / primer base which will be supplied with the IGG order.

The bolt heads are there to help prevent the button being pressed so they serve two purposes.. Basically, don't throw it at someone's head! We can do a boot at a later date.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/26166-the-most-advanced-airsoft-grenade-in-the-world/page-4

I suppose it depends on where you play, bb grenades have to hit you to count as a kill, but most places I play a blank going off kills everyone within the room or within 5m outdoors, rules and local laws vary though.

Jim

I've never been on the receiving end of a Tornado BB grenade which I gather is the best BB launching grenade. So I don't know for sure, but I gather even that is rather anemic. I think for a decent BB grenade to exist, you would have to use an illegal amount of explosives. BF seem the best approach really.

Tornados are *suitcase*. My mate had one and no one ever took hits off it, not becuase they where being *rickrolls* just because no one knew it was in the room!

Other mate has a BFG and has never had an issue!

on my phone, my spelling will suck

I think people have to "learn" to take their hits when it comes to pyros, which I think most players in the UK are good at (for most sites). The gas BB nades just don't work very well, and they don't add the theatrical quality to the game neither, I don't think BBs are really that relevant to this thread considering the devs have ruled it out from day one and it would require a fundamental redesign of the whole thing to introduce it. 

Archived