Intelligent Armour padded multicam two point sling

F6EA31AC-6A38-43C7-B16C-0A2392621B18_zps

I recently got a TM Scar H recoil and rather than using my usual magpul MS3 I wanted something with some padding to help with the extra weight compared to my usual M4 load outs.

I've known about intelligent Armour (IA) for a while now and I've seen the quality of their belts and pouches, which are all made here in the UK using high quality parts and materials.

Browsing their website I happened upon a multicam padded two point sling that looked just right and it was only £28 inc P&P.

The sling is very well constructed out of genuine 500D multicam cordura and the stitching is excellent.

E8A2572E-6F75-438C-98A1-E768B739A689_zps

There are two methods of attaching it to the weapon. You can use either HK style metal clips which are sturdy as hell or fabric loops ideal for say an M16. You can easily swap between the fittings with the high quality fastex buckles. In theory you could use the HK clips on one gun and re fabric loops on another and then just use the one sling between two guns. I opted for the HK style clips.

EF3D8023-9704-410A-9660-4BB633128364_zps

The padding is a good size and thickness and in a quick test on the scar it felt very comfy.

BEA4C821-6091-4E20-9A33-199772A0B019_zps

7ECB5D8C-1A08-4C4F-8D72-D15DBD607D6B_zps

The acid test will come in June when I next play but I expect it to perform well.

There's plenty of adjustment in the sling for different sized rifles so you should be more than able to get a comfortable set up.

E8CB6B79-7F91-43D7-9CE4-5D54CEFE643F_zps

For UK manufacture with US materials that's a great price; good buy.

It's taken a while for padded slings to start proliferating but I'm glad to see it's finally catching on a bit more.  There are some more advanced designs out there, but companies this side of the pond to tend to lag a little behind overall; hardly the end of the world though, I'm nit-picking.

Is it easy to quickly adjust from a patrolling to fighting position?

The exact issue I came up against years ago that prompted me to start making my own slings (and to write the article linked in my sig).

Usually HK Snaps have a circular hole in them which another snap fits right in to.  In the pictures here they're covered by the elastic keepers but if one of those was pulled back you could make a 1 point.

Nice review bro! I'm in the market for a new sling with padding so might consider this! 

The exact issue I came up against years ago that prompted me to start making my own slings (and to write the article linked in my sig).

Usually HK Snaps have a circular hole in them which another snap fits right in to.  In the pictures here they're covered by the elastic keepers but if one of those was pulled back you could make a 1 point.

Annoyingly I can't see signatures on Arnies for some reason.. and I can't remember how to get them back! Would you mind posting the link for me to get at it? 

If you go to 'Ignore' Preferences within My Settings there's a check box that can disable sigs, might be that.

Here's what I fabricated a couple of years back based on something that someone else here pointed out Travis Haley used in his Pantaeo DVDs.  At the time I'd been using a PTS MS2 for a while and by the end of a skirmish day it'd really start to bite in to my neck so that originally drove me to look for something better.

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/202062-new-from-remf-tactical-the-adaptable-solutions-sling/

I've updated the design since and used other slings and components but the basic principle is the same; a 1-to-2 point sling with quick adjust and a wide/padded section.

If you go to 'Ignore' Preferences within My Settings there's a check box that can disable sigs, might be that.

Here's what I fabricated a couple of years back based on something that someone else here pointed out Travis Haley used in his Pantaeo DVDs.  At the time I'd been using a PTS MS2 for a while and by the end of a skirmish day it'd really start to bite in to my neck so that originally drove me to look for something better.

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/202062-new-from-remf-tactical-the-adaptable-solutions-sling/

I've updated the design since and used other slings and components but the basic principle is the same; a 1-to-2 point sling with quick adjust and a wide/padded section.

Thanks pal. I keep up to date with your slings on facebook etc but a nice walk through is good. I'm thinking about replicating it with your newer designs :) 

And thanks for the fix.. all sorted now. I can see it! 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Phil, would you be so kind and measure it in its shortest configuration? The website lists them as being 155cm long with 50cm of adjustment. If I am to use it in both single- and two-point setup, al length somewhere in between 100 and 150cm would be ideal...

If it's not a 'closed system' as it were and there's just one free end of webbing that's not stitched in and can be unraveled then you can chop it as short as you like.  All the slings I've made myself over the years to be 1-to-2 point convertable have involved chopping up MS3s/4s and BFG Vickers slings to get the right length.