AKM custom build

banana90

Here is my finished AKM based on CYMA CM048S. Handguard appears a bit too bright, I couldn't catch the right shade on camera.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

dsc05043.jpg

dsc05042.jpg

dsc05047.jpg

Upgrades & Features:
- Guarder SP120 spring
- Cyma steel spring guide
- Cyma steel gears 18:1
- SHS 7mm steel bushings
- SHS steel shims
- SHS cylinder (type 0) (stainless steel)
- SHS cylinder head (stainless steel)
- SHS nozzle (long type) o-ring (aluminum)
- SHS all teel teeth piston
- SHS pisotn head (aluminum)
- SHS bucking
- Cyma metal hopup chamber
- Madbull V2 Black Python 6.03mm 455mm TBB
- JG Blue torque motor (neomagnets)
- Sorbopad 70D + protective rubber pad
- Silverwire wiring
- GATE NanoSSR mosfet
- Deans connectors

Tuning:
- rounded cylinder ports on gearbox
- polished gearbox
- perfect shimming
- perfect compression
- Classic Army grease
- correct AOE (sorbopad + nylon spacer)
- 2nd tooth and 60% of 3rd tooth on piston removed
- expanded o-ringa on piston head
- inner barrel stabilized
- hopup teflon mod

Other:
- Cyma tactical grip
- PPS rear sight rail
- Custom wooden handguard in mahagony finish with 5 layers of tung oil
- Cyma waffle mags

Now it is time for my E&L AK74MN DMR build!

I feel kinda irony? :D But not offense, for me putting together average components into an average looking rifle is not "custom".

But check out the airsoftbuilds link in my signature. (btw I dont use aegs anymore, only GHK-s)

Its a nice build, sure. But yeah I think the idea of "custom" here implies something that can't easily be bought off the shelf. Like modified RS parts or totally custom made parts.

If you browse this section you'll see a lot of guns that were totally built from scratch even. I would say that commercially available parts qualify only as 'a build' rather then a 'custom build'

Its a nice build, sure. But yeah I think the idea of "custom" here implies something that can't easily be bought off the shelf. Like modified RS parts or totally custom made parts.

If you browse this section you'll see a lot of guns that were totally built from scratch even. I would say that commercially available parts qualify only as 'a build' rather then a 'custom build'

Two weeks on wood refinishing and over 20 hours of tuning qualifies for custom in my book. It is not like I bought some parts, threw them together and hoped they will work.

Even if our understanding of word "custom" differs, it is sad that I posted my gun and "it is not custom!" is all response that I got. Not a constructive debate at all therefore I will no longer participate, moderators can lock this topic or delete it.

I feel kinda irony? :D But not offense, for me putting together average components into an average looking rifle is not "custom".

But check out the airsoftbuilds link in my signature. (btw I dont use aegs anymore, only GHK-s)

I tought you were joking by calling your AK a build, since all you did was replacing spring, barrel and bucking with nub. And 362FPS with SP110 is very very low, you should be getting around 400. Not even a good performance there.

Again not undervaluing your efforts, but a "custom build" means that it has something radically different on it that you can't do by slapping parts on.

For example:

M4 GBBR:  Not custom

M4 GBBR with UBR stock and keymod rails:  Not custom

M4 GBBR with folding stock: Custom   (why?  Its because an AR bolt is designed to run into a buffer tube, so in order to have a folding stock the bolt would have to be chopped)

M4 AEG:  Not custom

M4 AEG with UBR stock and keymod rails and buckets of internal upgrades:  Not custom

M4 AEG with folding stock and keymod rails and buckets of internal upgrades: Not custom (You can get folding stocks, so nothing special)

M4 AEG with a custom/home made RIS OR custom threaded barrel which takes real steel flashhiders, etc..:  Custom (stuff that is not readily available.

I tought you were joking by calling your AK a build, since all you did was replacing spring, barrel and bucking with nub. And 362FPS with SP110 is very very low, you should be getting around 400. Not even a good performance there.

Have you seen the externals? But lets be rude here.... What ou did is nothing, bought some parts, put together and sandpaperd some wood parts, if it took you 20 hours thats only your lack. It still looks like a cheap cyma, its boring, uninteresting and can be seen a dozen like this on a field. Over that, you chose a lame grip, the worst rail you could get, and replaced the iron sight with it.... You could put together a bounch of factory made parts from a shelf? wow... 

Yes I have seen the externals what is your point? Adding real steel parts doesn't make a real steel rifle. It is still shooting candies. And it doesn't improve performance so what is the point? Oh the looks you said? Well bravo sir, you have (in your oppinion) "good looking" gun with zero performance. Good job buddy your gun is killing with reality!

Why don't you buy some parts and throw them together too if this is so easy? Let me guess, because you can't tech? Any decent tech could get close to 400FPS on your setup.

There is more to my handguard than sanding. You see, sanding shaves off the contours of the design. I stripped the paint, but the wood into bleach, than lightly sand it with 400 grit. Than I applied 6 coats of paint VIA cotton cloth and after that 6 coats of tung oil via steel wool. But ofcourse you are so skilled you can manage to get that finish in what, 1 hour? No wonder your atificialy worn finish looks so crappy.

Go see some real steel AK's how they look after 20 or more years of heavy use in military. Let me tell you, they don't look like that. Yours look like it was covered in oil and feces with no protective coat on wood. I wouldn't call that real, I would call that a shame, because IMHO you ruined what was once a nice black gun with cherry wood. I don't know what is more funny, my "cheap" cyma or the fact that you invested in real steel parts and your cyma is still crappy with crappy performance.

Instead of ###### on your gun and on the forums, maybe you should learn how to tech and upgrade internals, it will be much more beneficial on the field.

Though is he going around saying its custom?

Youve put work in appreciate that but still...

Plus I would say it depends. Russian/Eastern AKs would most likely be in top notch condition but Indian/Middle Eastern/African won't be. They will be all beaten up, scratched, dented, split wood, shovels as stocks etc...

What you should have done is stuck up the pics in thr AK pic thread stating all the work you had put into it, probably would have got a much more positive response.....

on my phone, my spelling will suck

post-21477-14324623932121_thumb.jpg

My cyma is a wallhanger for 4-5 years now :D As I said I use GHK only :)

+ I never cared abaut the fps and stuff like that, i never needed more than 350... 

My current ak, if anyone interested, tell me yours looks better... And you upgraded your internals? Good job... I never needed  B)

http://kephost.com/images/2015/05/24/10247204_887910947901729_453748925068696164_n.jpg

Geri tbh mate there wasn't any need for your comments wrt to the internals stuff.... just the tone smacks a little off to me. Ymmv of course.

It's not a custom build in the same way as RC'S flare gun but from the list of work especially the wiring it does seem to be a pretty much complete rebuild from ground up. If it shoots as well as it looks it seems like it could be a really great build.

I'll be interested to see what the DMR build brings to the table. I'm imagining something more extensively changed and tweaked externally than simply a scope.

The wood refinish was nicely done mate and the rear rail install looks quite neat. (When I redid my rear sight I ended up scratching the dust cover a fair bit because of tool slips) it's held in with a pin from a Vector from the spare box in my dad's garage iirc.

I really like the natural wood finish there and it contrasts really nicely with the rifle. Have you thought about a grip swap, would take a little more work sanding it out for the motor but I think would look really great.

How did you find redoing the wiring?

My current build isn't custom on the same scale as an RC build but will require allot of custom work. It will just look like a handguard swap but one that requires fabbing a set of brackets to mount it. Is that custom even though it will just look like a gas M4 with a new stock and handguard?

The line of what's custom and what isn't is fairly blurry and from my pov stripping the gun down to bits radius in the gearbox completely gutting the internals and rewiring it seems like a custom build to me. Refinishing wood well is a pig of a thing to do especially with the constraints of not wanting to altern the standard shape of the piece hat is being worked in.

It's not fairly blurry at all, and frankly, the whole custom/customised thing is a pet hate of mine.

Custom: Major assemblies requiring fabrication from the ground up or *substantial* modification of stock or after-market parts

Customised: Fitted with off-the-shelf after-market parts, or parts requiring minor modification

I do not consider the dozens of barrel chops i've done as "custom". The same with gas blocks i've had to modify, or the brackets i've had to mess around with in order to fit M203's to all kinds of guns which they were never designed to fit to - or the hundreds of other little things i've done in the past.  - they are all customisation. The DShK I built from the ground up was custom though. 

This is what I love about arnies: this is not turning into a flamefest. You just get a hounest if somewhat raw opinion that is actually usefull. As for the ak: nice, but indeed I believed an AK with refinished handgrips fits the description better. If it does the job then more power to you.

My cyma is a wallhanger for 4-5 years now :D As I said I use GHK only :)

+ I never cared abaut the fps and stuff like that, i never needed more than 350... 

My current ak, if anyone interested, tell me yours looks better... And you upgraded your internals? Good job... I never needed  B)

http://kephost.com/images/2015/05/24/10247204_887910947901729_453748925068696164_n.jpg

As a matter of fact mine does look better. Since you brought another gun into a debate I can also bring my E&L AK74MN which has externals superior to all other airsoft replicas.

Do this to your GHK and let me know how it does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyH52R3hrf4

You never needed to upgrade internals on your GHK because it is a GBBR and you probably chose it because you obviously don't know how to tech AEG (judgement based on your Cyma's performance). AEG upgraded by someone who knows what he is doing will outperform a GBBR anytime.

Archived