Battle Belts

hudsons89

Mine sits low enough that my plate carrier doesn't really interfere. I've got a condor gunner light so it sits quite high anyway, if yours is quite chunky you might struggle a bit though. Only thing I dislike a bout mine is the inability to move easily when prone but its not a huge biggie as I play mostly urban sights anyway.

I've only run a belt rig for several years now.

It has, pistol/holster*, rifle mags, pistol mags, loading tool and BBs, gas.

I get changed at the beginning of the day and don't ever need to return to the safezone until I'm going home. I don't need anything else.

*Usually 3 pistols.... I'm that guy...

I use one for the pistol only games we do sometimes with a drop leg Safariland attachment on one side, another directly mounted Safariland the other side, 2 sets of pistol mag holders (an Emdom 6/4 and a viper double) and a mini dump pouch.

It works great for a light loadout.

B->

• 4 weeks later...

I use a condor battle belt. It works pretty well, but I find if moves around a bit on the waist if it is too light. It has a kind of rubberized material on the inside, but it just isn't quite sticky enough to keep it in one place. I might try painting some plastidip or liquid latex on the inner waistband. 

I keep a pistol mags, a serpa, dump pouch and an extra rifle magazine or two on there.  

I use pantac balt - 2 M4 pouches, utility pouch, m240 pouch (extra space), CQB holster. Work like a charm, I have no need to use anything extra on my normal games.

And I have used it quite a lot for hiking and bycicling - the back can breath and it gives me just enough storage place for food, drink, and baby stuff.

My round tummy gets in the way......  

I do have a bit of advice about belt rigs, and that is to make sure you can still move about properly.   First time out with my rig was at Longmoor and only when trying to get onto the platform near one of the platforms I then realised I could get my leg because of where Id positioned the longer 226 mags I was using.    V embarassing. 

And being a bit wide to get through the holes from room to room was fun.   My loadout wasnt working with my less than sleek physique that day :)

I find its horses for courses, belt kit for woodland where I'm prone a lot (front of my belt is clear of pouches to the hips) CQB or Vehicle ops (UCAP Sandpit - WMIK's / Snatch landrovers / APC'S etc) I will use a chestrig possibly with a simple belt for a pistol and 2 mags but I only carry a sidearm if my primary has a MED these days.

Jim.

I love my HSGI SureGrip - the rubbery inner surface works really, really well - I wouldn't get any other kind now.

I have one PC that works perfectly with it - that's my "minimal" loadout. My bigger PC gets in the way, but it has so much room for pockets I don't really need both so that's my milsim loadout with water and everything.

Lately I'm going with the minimal kit almost all the time, the belt is handier for dump pouch, pistol holster etc.

You can go two ways with a belt.  Either it's used like your old-school webbing (ALICE/PLCE) and carries everything you've got, or it's combined with a PC/chest rig.  The former is a great idea for hot weather and if it weren't for the increased use of body armour amongst the militaries of the world I'd wager it'd still be the go-to system for pretty much everyone.  Having gear around your waist is just the best place for it outside of vehicle operations in my experience.  However, PCs and CRs look cooler and that's important.

The biggest mistake I see is putting the pouches on their PCs directly above stuff they need to access on their belts.  It took me a long time and a lot of wasted money on various rigs to figure this out, but if you just make sure the PALS area on your upper body rig is clear in the areas where you'll (for example) need to draw up your sidearm/sidearm magazines etc, everything will work in smooth harmony.  Try and get some clearance between your belt and upper body rig as well, a good 5"+ preferably.  Adjust straps accordingly to achieve this and if you can't, possibly look at getting different gear.

Personally I'm moving to a hook velcro trouser belt with compatible loop-lined gear belt as I don't want to have to thread all my pouches on each time, but any belt setup that's not secured properly (and this varies a lot by body type, belt construction and pouch selection) will have a habit of bouncing around and shifting upwards whenever you kneel and generally being a massive pain all day.

Here's my belt kit. I usually wear it with a Bulle MLE harness with 3 single M4 mag pouches each side so even with the mags being over the belt they're low profile enough that nothing gets snagged.

IMG_20150617_213032_zpsp89bdz2v.jpg

IMG_20150617_213149_zps8taf8gdb.jpg

I don't like Osprey. Its heavy, and excessive for Airsoft. In line with Sqn SOPs, most pouches are on a battle belt anyway (Can't access pouches on chest whilst prone). Personally, I always preferred the old PLCE kit, as it was easy to set up, the pouches were all the right size (The new utility pouches are really small - I have 5 for what I used to be able to fit in 3), and it was very snug to your body. We never got issued it in MTP, so I use the new Molle kit instead.

I use my battle belt as mentioned earlier in a plce type config - I use this beyond airsoft. All issue MOLLE kit on a MTP Battle belt, from left to right;

Elastic mag with double ammo attached and elastic removed (Magpuls)

Elastic mag with triple ammo attached and elastic removed

UGL (Utility pouch) - Waterbottle 1 + Mug + Brew kit

UGL - Waterbottle 2  + Hexi

Water bottle pouch - Mess tins, 24hrs rations (The water bottle is the biggest type of utility pouch for the issue MOLLE system)
Utility pouch - Loose ammunition (Snowlock closure)

Utility pouch - Cleaning ancillaries, boot kit, foot kit (Dry socks + Powder), thin type combat gloves, Ear defenders, Weapon cleaning kit, Torch

Triple mag pouch - Flask, utility tool

Elastic mag with double ammo attached - Last magpul and smoke grenade in the pouch. For airsofting, the elastic makes a great pistol holster (TM Glock AEP 18C)

For airsoft, tend to just unload most of the utility pouches, leave it in a daysack in the safe zone. If you use magpuls, the new (Velcro) mag pouches are easier than the old Spanish clasp PLCE ones.

No dump pouches - Unzip your smock, chuck them in there :)

Personally, if I were buying a belt personally, I would get a PLCE belt in MTP, now that they've arrived on ebay, 2 Utility PLCE and 1 WB PLCE, then look at bodging on some of the new ammo pouches, then running a bungee and a utility strap through it - Best of both worlds.

My main point is customise it to suit you. More pouches isn't always better. If you use a camelback, theres no point carrying ~3kg of water in bottles too. And avoid that pre-stitched stuff like the plague - The ebay stuff isn't good. JayJays is the only one worth looking at for that, but I would figure out what config suits you best first. 

Archived