Tutorials for popular GBBs?

Lone_Bullet

Does anyone have an idea where I could find animated gifs of how popular GBBs ( Like HiCapa, 1911 and glocks ) work? 

I'm looking into getting to know Gbbs better but I only have a MEU and even there I don't really understand the workings.

I kind of need X-ray vision, you know? ^^

Thanks!

Redwolf had some basic graphics, but their Marui version (negative-pressure, middle shooter) is missing key parts and I disagree with their claims on what certain upgrade parts will do. It does provide a good basic introduction. Keep in mind their priority is to convince you to buy upgrade parts that you will/might never need so their description of how things work is not always the best. I was working on one for the Marui P226R by scanning each part, but it didn't turn out good (my "animating" skills are also at a beginner level). I first tried a flat, cross-section, but the mechanics are different depending on where the cross section is taken so it's difficult to see what exactly is happening. 

Not all that complicated really. On a 1911 you have two disconnectors and the hammer which the bbu interacts with. And by interact I mean it just simply pushes them back and down. On other guns it's even simpler as one of the disconnectors is in the form of the trigger transfer bar and just gets knocked down and out of the way. Try the Gun Disassembly 2 app. The 1911 is free to play as I remember and is very close in function to an airsoft model.

edit:

Just checked and the 1911 is inded free. You can see below how similar they are. In fact, functionally, they are the same. It's just that the airsoft ones have the disconnector shoved to the side to make room for the valve knocker and the extra disconnector for it.

Screenshot_2015-05-22-04-38-35.png

I see, thank you :).

I do believe I know how the BBU/nozzle works. Just have to work ou the hammer assembly and timings.

Find that extremely hard ( timings )

Yes, the timing concept in liquid charged guns is difficult to explain in just words...maybe a video is better, I don't know.

Basically, liquid charge guns need to have a way where the main magazine valve remains open even when the hammer is being reset. WA's accomplishes this using a valve lock...a device that temporarily locks the magazine valve in an open state, even when the knocker is retracted and the hammer reset. Marui took a different approach...they used a "knocker lock", a device that prevents the valve knocker from retracting, even when the hammer is no longer making contact with it. Obviously, the valves cannot remain locked open too long...there is actually a "dip" under the blow back unit that releases the locks. The location of the "dip" dictates the timing...hence, very important (this is why after-market parts never quite work right). If it's too long, the valves will stay open too long. If it's too short, the valves won't stay open long enough.

To complicate matters more, have you ever wondered why a fully charged magazine can be inserted inside a WA or Marui pistol, even when the hammer is not cocked back? If the hammer isn't cocked back, wouldn't the valve knocker be extended and vent the magazine as soon as you insert it? Marui and WA came up with a way to allow a fully charged magazine to be inserted into a pistol that is not cocked. In WA guns, it varies...in Marui guns, the knocker actually moves both front to back as well as up and down!

So all these components do not exist in real pistols. In my opinion, I feel this is why Marui and WA pistols are so unique and interesting. As renegade described, not only do they retain nearly identical components as their real gun counter part, but they also came up with very unique solutions to resolve liquid charged related problems.

Archived