Artillery

vtsfan

Going back to fareast's comment "the 1st 30 seconds people are confused"

And also going to "there was no screaming" - if it wasn't faked then i doubt the guy who was hit would be killed instantly and not even he screamed. That and this is the military, they are trained for drills like this and would not act all confused. No matter what country you are from the military trains for this sort of thing. As people say "your training just kicks in" so i'm sure the military wouldn't just stand around.

well there are a number of reasons why there is no screaming, concusion, winded or dead.

Regardless of training when something totaly unexpected happens you stand around with your gob open, at HMS Britania i witnessed someone lose 3 fingers on the firing range..... they didn't scream they just sat there look at thier fingers, every one around them just stood there with thier gobs open me included......thats regardless of training. What you saw in that video is a perfect example of human nature, it's called shock.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But I reiterate my piont in saying the cannon hit him at a downward angle and he flew straight backwards.

you need to watch it again it doesn't hit him in a downward motion it's less than a 9 degree angle, if you know about aplied physics you will understand how this will force him backwards

• 2 weeks later...
I agree, theres no way you would have been thrown back like that. The movement of the canon is short so wouldnt be able to traject something that far.

Unless it has chi power of course....

This happened in Taiwan. Had a Taiwan friend look at it and he's going to look into the authenticity, but he said that's they are wearing "Reserve Taiwan Uniforms"

You don't need a long throw to be propelled a fair distance back. Think about it...ever play with a medicine ball? A 20lb medicine ball tossed at you from 2 feet away will knock your back a 6 feet if you not prepared for it.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. The cannon only went so far back, and thats how far the man would have gone too

The force though is the kinetic energy fired off by the cannonnot just the distance it moved, this same amount of force say...100J would send the 80kg man a lot further than the 100kg cannon

I'm with FarEast on this one. It was funny, if the guy walked away unscathed. But there is no chance in the world that he did, so it isn't funny. The force that those things kick back is enough to smash a car, so just think about what it would do to flesh and bones. He is lucky it didn't just go right through him (and actually, he probably isn't lucky that it didn't, death would have been quicker that way probably).

Archived