CYMA RPK vs Classic army RPK

16kuokhc1

Hello, so I'm having doubts on which gun to get, as in Hong Kong, both of them are $1500 HKD ($200 USD) here.

CYMA Advantage:

-Proper RPK reciever

-Solid bolt

-Better Wood Finish

-Steel

-Internals

-Russian trademarks

-VFC style assembily

Neutral:

Cost

CA advantage:

-Comes With Drum mag

-Brand

-Normally costs double everywhere else!

So... Should I get Classic army for branding and the extra drum mag or CYMA for its neumerous good reviews?

I used to have the CYMA RPK, and I can tell you that is one SOLID gun.  Branding is no reason to go with the CA, plus based on your pros/cons list it looks like you're already leaning toward the CYMA.  My RPK was surprisingly accurate, extremely sturdy and the bolt was definitely a nice touch, plus it made disassembly really easy.  I don't have any experience with the CA RPK but the CYMA is definitely tough to beat.

• 3 months later...

While I am a Cyma fan, I must say that on the RPK I got, non-folding stock, first batch probably, the metal thing that connects the stock to the body (trunion?) broke without me taking the gun out of the house.

Also, I recently received a Cyma AKMS and the front sight shattered to pieces, I *suitcase* you not.

Seems like Cyma uses brittle pot metal on critical parts. Other than that, best ACM manufacturer, IMO.

Proper receiver is better than the original marui receiver design, which was never designed to be bipoded, and small amount of stress will break.

CYMA does have issues:

- Its barrel trunion can break if under stress as it is just pot metal and a number of sites have indicated that.  However the stress level for this would be far greater than the Marui receiver types. 

- The other thing is that the VFC style stamped receivers aren't all that tough.  I have witnessed a number of AKs (VFC, CYMA, DBOYs) all with receivers which have warped from someone landing on it sideways, then again, it happens with any stamped receivers including an ISMASH AK and a HK G3 which I had to unbend as it was impacting on the cycling of the bolt. 

• 6 months later...

Whilst I've never owned an RPK I've known people who have owned them. By all accounts the CYMA is decent but uses pot metal in some awkward places so it might be possible to break it if put under sufficient stress. I've heard quite a bit about front sights being easily knocked off too so there's that to bear in mind. That said, I wouldn't go for the Classic Army - either go for the CYMA or save a little extra and go for the LCT (which IS solid) - in fact I even know someone who once offered to hook me up with a new LCT RPK for £260 posted (though I decided I was't interested in the end), so if you're interested his name's Russ Bate on facebook.

Archived