The GBBP HPA thread. Or get rid of that gas.

famidesu

So I have been looking around for quite a bit, trying to do research - but

I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for. At least not in the way that

I can understand. Maybe this will be helpful for everyone who likes to plink

or run IPSC stuff but not while using any sort of gas.

QUESTIONS

I bought one of those HPA magazine adapters under the name "CQB Russian".
I know that I'm going to need some sort of hose system with female and or male

connectors to hook up with a compressor or tube as well as a sort of regulator

to manage the pressure.

• What sorts?

• Are there kits? Which ones would be alright?

• Am I missing something? (Except information that I don't have)

-

If you have a setup of your own. Please feel free to post it. Also if you have

some sort of home made or bought "target system" you practice your aim

on.

It's a bummer that I can't edit this first post for easier access for links and

answers posted here. Well, if it ever becomes that long.

Hi there! first a very serious warning, don't EVER connect a pressurised HPA tank directly to the CQB russian valve. That turns your magazine into a hand grenade and it can cause very serious injuries.

So since you are replacing Green Gas for HPA you need to make sure your HPA pressure matches the Green Gas pressure the gun was designed for (plus or minus any fine ajustments you want to make) so you need a regulator that takes the regular 3000/4500 PSI and outputs the pressure you want (whatever works best for the gun, i like 130PSI, the equivalent of propane @22 celcius).

I've seen this before and wondered why you would do that to the mag - seems like a lot of effort when you need to change mags...... I can understand connecting to a gun, like the breacher, but to the mags- I don't get it.

And you would need air bottles and regulators - pretty much the normal hpa gear I would imagine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't get it.

It's all good. It's not for everybody. I don't have a lot of mags anyways and I shoot

mostly standing still, at targets - for fun! I just don't like gas, it's not good for you

nor the environment and it's expensive on its own. Air is free, the setup will pay

itself many times over time.

Hi there! first a very serious warning, don't EVER connect a pressurised HPA tank directly to the

CQB russian valve. That turns your magazine into a hand grenade and it can cause very serious injuries.

So since you are replacing Green Gas for HPA you need to make sure your HPA pressure matches the

Green Gas pressure the gun was designed for (plus or minus any fine ajustments you want to make) so

you need a regulator that takes the regular 3000/4500 PSI and outputs the pressure you want (whatever

works best for the gun, i like 130PSI, the equivalent of propane @22 celcius).

Thanks for that. I'm sure many will appreciate that tip. Haha. My guns are fully customized

with cnc cut 6061 / 7072 aluminum (never casted) and steel parts so the highest safe

amount of PSI would be great.

Thank you Korppi!

However. That's the problem, I've seen the sort of reply a few times:

the problem with it is that we who have little or no info or knowledge

about HPA in the first place have no clue what they are called, what size

to look for - or are the all the same? Do they go by a certain name? etc

Alrighty then. Things look bit too simple when one looks at 'em too long.

For a HPA rig one can invest a bit more to very flexible hoses and more compact fittings not forgetting regulators made to go with HPA bottles but I'll assume your not intending to investing in such..? They are "generally not available" inside EU that much but some stores have started to sell P* associated gear and so more "professional" ready to play HPA rigs are popping up here and there.

Basically in pressure coupler/fitting things are often in inches. 1/4" and 1/8" etc are measures you'd get familiar quick. Hoses in the other hand are often in millimeters. Problems come from standards. Americans have their NPT and we get to use the British BSP.

The male coupler you bought for the magazine conversion is a "Foster" quick disconnect coupler popular in airguns, paintball. So what you need is a female QD coupler which fit it. I'm not good at googling in swedish so you could try to find this:

http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=721

Usually found in professional hunting, airgun sports stores here locally.

If you want to build a garage setup from what for us Scandinavians have with easily accessible Biltema brand of tool retail you'd be looking at a following setup including the coupler above.

Lets start building the rig looking from the gunside. You can build the rig using prebuilt hose with couplers in both ends or use plain hose and use barbed fittings to connect. Problem is that these can leak. This example rig is a bulky one using prebuilt hose but simple and you can use the many disconnects to customize the length.

For the Female Foster coupler you need this to make it fit the rest of the rig.

http://www.biltema.fi/sv-fi/Verktyg/Tryckluft/Luftslang-och-koppling/Snabbkoppling-2000021525/

Spiraling hose with couplers.

http://www.biltema.fi/sv-fi/Verktyg/Tryckluft/Luftslang-och-koppling/Spiralslang-2000028441/

Next we need the regulator. So to connect the regulator to the hose (or compressor) you need a 1/4" male threaded fitting.

http://www.biltema.fi/sv-fi/Verktyg/Tryckluft/Luftslang-och-koppling/Insticksnippel-2-st-2000023716/

Regulator with female 1/4" thread in both sides of it.

http://www.biltema.fi/sv-fi/Verktyg/Tryckluft/Tillbehor/Tryckregulator-med-manometer-2000022915/

Now you just plug it in to the compressor which has a female fitting (or add another set of hose and then connect to compressor etc).

The ID of the hose directly affect the volume of air you'd have going in to your gun. With weapons using a lot of air fast it can be a problem with tight ID hoses, but we're talking 3-4mm ID. Fitting ID also affects flow and work as restrictions. Don't know your compressor size but if you'd have a full auto gun you'd soon have the compressor activate to refill the tank anyway.

Use teflon tape to secure the thread on thread connections.

Archived