Evike - won't ship to the UK?

Just had an order bounced and refunded by Evike because it's "against UK customs rules" or something. It's just an AEG and I've shipped stuff in from the US before... 

What the <fruit> is going on? Gave them my UKARA and as they offer a 2tone service they must ship guns to the UK. They refunded the PP account but I still want the gun.

Should I take this personally or does anyone from Evike use this forum?

I don't know about UK, but they no longer ship to Denmark. The reason for this might be that parcels are checked by  Danish customs and handed over to Danish postal service, that refuse to ship airsoft parts and just send them right back. Evike apparently wont use international UPS (they have their own Danish customs department and don't care about shipping airsoft parts).

What AEG where you trying to buy?

Did you ask if they'd definately ship a RIF to the UK before placing the order? Offering a two tone service doesn't mean they will still send a rif (I say still as they obviously have done in the past) to the UK, realistically a two tone gun is a less risky item to send with the only requirement for purchase being over 18, sending a rif is a risk because for all they know the UKARA number could be fake or expired and with PayPal they could easily lose the money and the goods, plus time of dealing with the order, infact ehobby list the United Kingdom as a 'High Risk' shipping destination these days as well.

I've checked all their shipping policies and cannot see anything that says they won't ship to the UK. In fact, during the order process they state that shipping to the UK needs UKARA.

I can get the gun elsewhere but (a) it's 30% more and (B) they don't have the mags so I'll still end up paying fat postage from the US whatever.

Emailed Evike but <fruit> all back from them so far.

• 1 month later...

Years ago I ordered from them some parts(no gun) and they refunded me a few days later saying something like "your country restricts airsoft guns to be imported" even tough there is no such thing in my country and I have ordered from them succesfully 2 times already before this. And a few weeks ago I ordered a part from them again and they delivered without any problems. So it's kinda weird.

You guys who keep saying you got parts from there without problems... You know parts aren't same thign as complete,assembled RIFs in face of carriers and customs? Definitely different level of hassle to ship jsut some random pieces of plastic, than something that'll look like a frigging assault rifle on first glance, necessitating the parcel going through separate validation.