Krytac - any good.

Bovinedog

Hopefully not classed as a wot am bestest gun thread, but I've not seen much on here about the new (to the uk anyway) krytac guns, specifically the spr and crb. They look nice, and I understand people don't like the grip and the flash hide, but has anyone actually used one?

It's got that new rotary hop, but does it work well? What's the range like in comparison to the Tm recoil for example (as it's got a legendary rotary hop.)

Any users opinions would be great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've tried some in the states and I can at least say they seem to be very consistent. I haven't been able to use it in the field but it seems pretty above average on the hop, the rotary styles work well. The trigger response and rof is very nice for a stock gun. I don't know if that helps but I at least don't think you can go wrong with them, I just see it as an aeg and that's not my preference anymore. 

I have been selling them for a few months now and have tried out all the currently available models. i also have several frequent customers that use them and nobody is having any issues and everyone is more than happy.

they have very good range and accuracy out of the box. the guns seem capable of hitting man sized target out to 200' with some effectiveness (and some .30g BBs).

really, if you want a performance/reliability focused AR AEG, Krytac has made everything else obsolete.

Thanks for the input. I'm just trying to decide if I should get one of these or a Tm recoil. The krytac will work out a lot cheaper obviously! I really like the look of the spr which is only £315 over here.

Unless you're wanting something like a 417 or Scar for the TM Recoil I would just go with Krytac and this is coming from someone who almost exclusively uses TM. If Krytac ever makes something other than a M4 I'd probably pick one up just to have a reliable AEG. 

Short version: yes, Krytac rifles are very good.

Longer version:

I have quite a history with totalling airsoft guns in short order. Because of this notoriety and my proximity to Kriss USA, I was given a pre-production Krytac CRB to use and eventually destroy. It went a little something like this:

Early summer 2014: given a Krytac CRB with every expectation that it wouldn't survive a month.

Two weeks later: hopup unit crushed during an overly aggressive reload. Hopup unit swapped with some random junker JG unit. The air nozzle also had to be changed out. Goodbye warranty.

One month later: M4-length inner barrel and 3/4 ported cylinder installed. Slight muzzle velocity increase noted.

Two months later: significant muzzle velocity drop, from 375 fps to 315 fps with 0.2s. Piston head o-ring changed out, muzzle velocity went to 385 fps with 0.2s.

Eight months later: significant muzzle velocity drop, from 380-ish fps to 320 fps with 0.2s. Piston head o-ring changed out, muzzle velocity went to 440 fps with 0.2s.

Nine months later: finally decided to try and make my CRB field legal again. M90 spring installed, muzzle velocity dropped to 395 fps with 0.2s.

These times are all approximate. I skirmish about 5 times a month, so I tend to lose track of what modifications are done when. I also excluded all the external modifications performed, which had no appreciable impact on the rifle's performance.

If you have any questions about Krytacs, feel free to give me a shout. I own both the CRB and SPR, albeit in heavily externally modified form.

Haha, sounds like you give things a tough time. Thanks for the Input. Why am I having such a tough time making my mind up? Everyone raves about the tms and last game I got to use a very nicely setup spectred 416 which which was very accurate and had good range. But I do like those krytacs (the lower price tag and not having to get a load of new mags helps)

As a long time TM fanboy, I assure you that the Krytac is up to snuff. I ran it through the wringer this past weekend. It got dragged through part of the Great Dismal Swamp, smashed against door frames in a MOUT facility, slammed to the ground during land warfare, and javelin-chucked to other players whose weapons went down mid-firefight. I've literally snapped the whole front end off the rifle before with no ill effect on the gearbox or receiver. However, the sub-par externals that broke off are another story.

What you gotta realise, is that all these rifles are still stock rifles. They don't have neodymium motors, which is more or less the first thing you put in an upgraded gun. It gives a faster gear acceleration (snappier semi eg.). Upgraded rifles are build around the neodymium capabilities.

TM, Krytac, etc, don't have neodymium motors.

Manufacturers don't like putting in neodymium motors, because it puts a greater strain on the internals and increases the current draw significantly.

The exception to this is PTW/clones and the ASG CZ EVO. The latter is IMO a super good deal. You get ASCU, quick spring change, Neodymium motor and warranty (which you don't have with upgraded rifles) out of box.

What you gotta realise, is that all these rifles are still stock rifles. They don't have neodymium motors, which is more or less the first thing you put in an upgraded gun. It gives a faster gear acceleration (snappier semi eg.). Upgraded rifles are build around the neodymium capabilities.

TM, Krytac, etc, don't have neodymium motors.

Manufacturers don't like putting in neodymium motors, because it puts a greater strain on the internals and increases the current draw significantly.

The exception to this is PTW/clones and the ASG CZ EVO. The latter is IMO a super good deal. You get ASCU, quick spring change, Neodymium motor and warranty (which you don't have with upgraded rifles) out of box.

the last 3 krytacs that i have swapped grips out on have had neo magnets in their motors. i haven't seen one yet without one.

I own the pdw version. Which has impressed me with its range and accuracy despite the small barrel. Seems to not want to feed consistently on full auto with either 7.4 or 11.1 lipo. Though that could be due to me using some BBS that while consistent are known to be poor feeders. Has a snappy trigger response and has fueled a growing lust for sbrs...

Okay that's a change then, they said to me they wouldn't put in neodymium motors.

Let me clarify.   

All Krytac build for US market have Neodymium motor.  Some Krytac going to EU especially to those regions with 1 Joule regulation have a standard motor.  If you pull the motor out and the label said 30K it's Neodymium.  If it's said 20K is the standard motor.

That's interesting, didn't know that. Most of the product descriptions mention high torque, 30,000 rpm motors. So that might not be the case?

That's part of the job for the distributors in EU/UK to communicate properly to their dealers.  But I pretty sure some retailers might get the wrong information.   

Whatever motor and electrical wizardry they put into the rifle works just fine for me. The semiauto is just as crisp and quick as a PTW. The fullauto rate of fire is too fast for my TM lowcaps, but that doesn't bother me much.

Technical specs aside, Krytac makes a good rifle. I can beat the p*ss out of it, then throw it in my gear pile and forget about it until the next weekend. Once the weekend rolls around, I hook up a battery, do a quick re-zero on the hopup and optics, and I'm ready to go.

Handled a Krytac at PAS yesterday, and was very impressed. It's not as good an AR-15 as any of the Recoil Shocks - it doesn't have recoil, stop-on-empty, or a functioning bolt lock - but it does have a factory MOSFET and ambidextrous selectors, which most AEGs don't. All in all they look like high-quality AEGs that don't need upgrades straight out of the box to function well.

If I was choosing between a Krytac and, say, a TM SOCOM (not that different in price, I don't think) it would be the TM every time - they're just much, much more advanced guns and a real game-changer for AEGs. But if you don't want to stretch to a Recoil Shock? You're not going to find many better factory AEGs than the Krytacs.

I've been meaning to pop down there and have a look, but never seem to have the time when im in the area.

I'm leaning toward the socom,  and just get a rail system.  As I have a recoil spectre waiting to be fitted,  it would make sense :)   And I dont think I could face Blobface if I went for a non-TM.   

Archived