Best M4?

Shadow_Wolf1312

I would say if you're playing in the uk,  then aeg and then add on a GBB - just having one could very well lead to disappointment at a game.  Although having said that, the ghk m4 seemed to do well when I was playing with Blobface recently (although that would be over budget)

For around £300, the krytac seem to be getting very good reviews as a decent gun that just works out of the box.   Certainly thats one im looking at getting.

Electric? G&P or WE Tech Katana (or so I've heard)

Gas? KJW M4.

Or if you're willing to spend more, then get the best out of both worlds and get a marui recoil shock, or a KWA rm4, or a BOLT recoil m4/sr47 for both Recoil AND Practicality (note: Magazine compatibility may be an issue for the Marui Recoil Shocks and proprietary parts are an issue for both the Marui Recoil Shock and the KWA rm4; the BOLT m4 or SR47 is free from those issues).

First choose AEG or GBB.

If you want GBB you're going to have to get a WE to stay in your price range but you'll need to upgrade this for all round reliability/performance.

For AEG you have a choice, reliability, performance or externals, you can probably get 2/3 of these but not all 3 for your budget.

For externals, VFC is lovely

For reliability a standard G&P would serve you well

For performance, arguably a TM M4, an old classic but the externals are crappy.

I'd personally stay WELL away from the Katana, my friend had three which he had to return as they kept breaking down and eventually swapped to a WE 416 AEG.

I'm not into AEG rifles, but you can't beat them for performance, GBBr are better fun IMO. And there is loads of options, the GHK seems to be the most user friendly out of the box, but Not as many options as say a wa m4 system which would be the best option for experienced users who want ultra realism but the worst option for newbies as they require the most tuning to perform as well as the other gbb m4s available. The WE m4 run well at first but need a lot of replacement parts etc as they are built as cheaply as possible but good value none the less. Tokyo marui are releasing one at some stage which should be good and kwa have a few that are very decent. Kjw m4 first bolt system was a good performer but was a unrealistic design, there newer bolt design is the reverse but externally they are the weakest IMO.

For around £300, the best M4 AEG imo would be the TM next-gen SOCOM, at $329 USD before shipping and tax from Echigoya, if you buy it right it should come under £320 after shipping and other costs. It's already front wired, so you could customise it quite easily, and comes with all the good feature of next-gen TM guns such as recoil weight and bolt lock when empty. 

Which of the g&g m4?   My first gun was a nearly new cm16 raider.  Cracking little gun,  was my backup for ages.  My second was a gen1 toptech, that I "customised" over time.  It had blowback which I eventually disabled. Was a good gun.  Added a spectre to it and it was very nice.   Its now been broken up and sold off for parts.

Hey Blobface,  is the TM SOCOM as good as say, the 416?   Is there much difference, as the socom is an older model (apart from the obvious aesthetics?

I think they've made changes for the 416 to secure the gearbox within the receiver better with extra clips, and the 416 has the ambi safety switch, but apart from that they perform very similarly. 

I would personally opt for a Krytac. While they aren't the prettiest rifles out of the box (Keymod is dumb, in my opinion), they're utterly reliable and shoot pretty darn well.

Check out this thread for a quick summary of my experience with Krytac's blasters:

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/215067-krytac-any-good/

*EDITED TO ADD*

Fear not, you're not stuck with the Keymod junk that comes with the rifle. Here's a few in-game pictures of me with my externally-modified Krytac rifles.

C8 CQB upper on Krytac CRB lower

L119 SFW upper on Krytac SPR lower

11377206 10153424216270815 5826506868598250574 N

Block II upper on Krytac SPR lower

Slightly off topic but I'm not a huge fan of keymod due to the odd shape cuts it dictates the rail would have, I prefer something like this for ultra fast rail removals.. 

I agree though, don't really see the point of these super quick detach system, how often do people have to do these things quickly anyway, once it's on the gun, it stays on until you have "downtime" to deal with it, still cool to see innovation none the less. 

Have a look at ICS M4's, very easy to work on split gearbox system, a little like a systema or WE katana you can slide out the upper half of the gearbox to change springs/pistons etc, i keep a spare upper gearbox handy in my bag for lower fps sites and have a 420fps upper gearbox stored separately for dmr use.

Also they have a very finely adjustable rotary style hop unit as standard.

Jim

Archived