Upgrading the Tokyo Marui SSR L96 AWS

Belphe

Hi,

My new black Tokyo Marui SSR L96 AWS is on it's way to me as we speak. It's a stock version but I intend to pimp the s**t out of it by applying upgrades and exchanging standard with "premium" parts such as PDI. Unfortunately, the guides I'm finding are either outdated or they concern the L96 from different manufacturers (WELL, Maruzen, etc.).

Being "fresh" to this subject (upgradiing) I will most likely seek assistance at my local Airsoft Club but I'd obviously like to learn a thing or two about it before I start spending money. Could anybody link a good guide for the Marui L96 upgrading so that I know what elements I could upgrade and what effect those would have on the rifle's performance?

I'd be very grateful for your assistance!

Regards -

Belphe

This won't be the answer you want, but as suggested in another thread I would suggest you upgrade your field craft first.

Learn to use cover and cam, and what a stock rifle will do. It will really benefit you in the long term, and may save you hundreds if you decide sniping isn't for you.

So many people buy a long gun, chuck money at it to get it to the magic 500 fps and then get shot to *suitcase* by someone with a £50 spring shotgun and then sell up. Not saying that's you necessarily, but it happens.

Not a personal attack, trying to help :)

This won't be the answer you want, but as suggested in another thread I would suggest you upgrade your field craft first.

Learn to use cover and cam, and what a stock rifle will do. It will really benefit you in the long term, and may save you hundreds if you decide sniping isn't for you.

So many people buy a long gun, chuck money at it to get it to the magic 500 fps and then get shot to *suitcase* by someone with a £50 spring shotgun and then sell up. Not saying that's you necessarily, but it happens.

Not a personal attack, trying to help :)

Thanks "shmook" :) Not to worry - all criticism is welcome. The thing is, I'm not really that green ;) I've been "airsofting" since 2010 but had to stop when my son was born. Now that he's a bit older I suddenly have some more free time! I always wanted a sniper rifle and I've seen a lot of them in action many times before. I decided to give them a try. ;) Worst case scenario, someone will buy off me a very nicely upgraded L96... ;D

Archived