Tac Vest / PC ... For kids? (i.e really small people)

Amenthea

OK, feel a bit silly for this one so apologies in advance.

My daughter wants to play airsoft, like, a LOT, and she see's me running around in some good stuff and so isn't content to just throw on some DPM and put mags in her pockets so she needs some gear.

Does anyone happen to know what vests/PC's are out there that are either quite small to start with or can go small via adjustment? She is about 5.4, standard girl average/athletic frame.

For reference my Warrior DCS and Semapo 6094A are loose on her by a good few inches, but not too long.

I'd have thought quite a few of the plate carriers without a cummerbund would be pretty good to go as you can do them up as tight as you like the only issue you may have is the plate width, you could maybe try a JPC they seem pretty small (not sure how small they go round the "waist" though) 

Replica JPC (MODI, Flyye) would fit the bill. So might a replica Paraclete HPC (Pantac)

I know that some ACM company makes a JPC replica that is 5 MOLLE rows tall rather than the standard 6 MOLLE rows tall. Often they're even labelled as a "kid's size."

I'm 5'6" 145lbs and a medium JPC fits me quite well.

You might also consider a chest rig of some sort depending on what she needs to carry. Chest rigs tend to be a lot more adjustable.

I made a 6094B smaller for my son by weaving the cummerbund across itself, as opposed to using the eyelets. Plus you can make the shoulder straps smaller by pulling them through the glide more than you should and folding them over under the shoulder pad.

Of course, for your kid I'd use a 6094A as opposed to the B.

Just as a thought, many female gun YouTubers use battle belts / pouches on belt rigs instead of a vest / PC, would that be an option? 

It could be, I've got a few of those I could try out.

lol yeah I found those pretty quick when I started the search for kit.  The trousers have crazy sizing, or my girl has really long legs.

SAAV is being mentioned a lot, so I'll look at that as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think a girl would want a SAAV.  They're like.. so 2 decades ago... duh

But yeah as discussed there's plenty of things that can go down small enough, so it's more about budget and what sort of rig she actually wants I'd imagine.  Cannot go wrong with one with one of these (especially for the price given it's a cut above most chinese clone gear):  http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/sdtmb6nx.html

Archived