Kryptek camo is pretty popular among the more fashion conscious airsofters, and since I assume they have heads, hats in their swanky camo patterns could be a good thing. I've been sent two from Supremeco that are actually a bit better than I expect from your regular baseball cap, first one is the "makhai":

post-36-0-10338800-1434715030_thumb.jpgpost-36-0-98408400-1434715090_thumb.jpgpost-36-0-78436400-1434715109_thumb.jpg

Which comes in kryptek's Mandrake woodland pattern and has a velcro square on top instead of a little button like on most caps. This means that you can stick a tiny patch or strobe etc to the top of your head for aerial identification. Or if you're one of those boring people that live in the real world, it is far more comfortable to wear under a helmet or with a headset or ear protectors.

Second one out of the hat (see what I did there?) is the "Ares":

post-36-0-39131700-1434713808_thumb.jpgpost-36-0-19508100-1434714518_thumb.jpgpost-36-0-09114100-1434714540_thumb.jpg

This is a similar cap, only in the Highlander desert/mountain pattern, and with vented sides which if I'm honest is probably the comfiest cap I've ever had, the mesh sides let air in to your noggin but keep most of the sun out- though I imagine they'd leave an interesting tan line on the folliclly challenged- and the velcro patch on the front lets you customise it with whatever patches you have. Interestingly (to me anyway) the embroidered kryptek helmet logo on the patch is stitched in much tighter than the one on the other cap, wich means it sits flat in the velcro and wont push patches away.

The hats are made in both styles in Mandrake, Highlander and Typhon patterns, and also in a third style wich is essentially the same as the first one but with a plain green tan or black peak.

As of writing all the hats are available to preorder from supremeco for $24.99 a little bit cheaper than other kryptek camo hats, and with a good few more options on style and pattern/colour, and also JD airsoft in the UK.

Thanks to supremeco for supplying them for review.

• 2 weeks later...