Airsoft event with Tanks, explosions and more

Firebird 908

I recently stumbled upon this awesomely made video from an German event where they had tanks for the players to drive, explosions going off, filmed with a drone and all this good stuff. For people like me who don't understand German there are subtitles available.

I've never seen something like this before. The only event that comes to my mind that has something like this is Borderwar but that's not an option for me. Especially because most people bring there own vehicles.

Anyone knows an event like this around France? Or even the UK? I would love to drive a tank and have explosion going off next to me. From the other videos on the channel I get the feeling that you're not allowed to drive the tanks yourself but that's still pretty cool, at least something more then the usual speed games I have to deal with.

The easiest way of getting to ride around in armoured vehicles and have explosions go off near you in the UK is to get involved with modern reenactment events like the War & Peace show, it's how I get my BMP, explosions and blank firing jollies. As for airsoft events, Gunman run a few big games that involve vehicles (trucks and jeeps mostly but they do have access to a BRDM 2 armoured car now) a few times a year. They're well organised, fairly large numbers events, the last red mist game involved an American 6 wheel truck with a .50 cal on top, very intimidating when it's advancing toward you! From the video it looked like the use of the BMPs in that big German event were used purely for an exciting ride to contact, I don't think anyone outside of Eastern Europe and Russia uses armoured vehicles properly in game because they're incredibly dangerous, you really have to control that stuff, running someone over with a tank is really easy if you're not careful.

UCAP Sandpit has a tank, troop carrier and x2 WMIKs. Players cannot drive them but they are often used in games, though as you mention usually as a transport from area to area however the WMIKs are used in games a transport, emplacements and shoot n scoot. 

Yeah it's not uncommon to see jeeps and such i game, red mist used a truck for the NATO guys and a GAZ jeep for the WARPAC guys last time in game, does add something. The thing with armoured vehicles is the view out of them is pretty restricted so if someone has the bright idea of hiding behind you then you reverse....

• 4 months later...

Archived