Is this a two tone?

scooooty

Why are you still looking at american websites when you live in the UK?

The law says that to be an IF by being brightly coloured it must be "predominantly" the bright colour, and I would say that this gun is slightly less than half, meaning it is "predominantly" black.

Practically it's clear that it's not a real gun, but that's the problem with law, it's all about the technicalities.

{Edit}Bonus points for picking a terrible gun, all the reviews I've found of this show that it's woefully low powered and breaks within a few shots.

Don't get arsey.

Ed is trying to help you.

If you're going to import, you're daft doing it from the US, it will cost more than from China or somewhere. I still think its skirting the law anyway getting mummy or daddy to buy it and 'gift' it to you, but meh.

Read reviews. Ask sensible questions. Don't look for "WHAT AM BEST AND CHEAPEST GNU?" Save up and don't be in a hurry to waste someone else's money.

This will fall on deaf ears I'm sure, but please try...

I still think its skirting the law anyway getting mummy or daddy to buy it and 'gift' it to you, but meh.

This is actually the interpretation that all under 18 airsofters have been advised to follow. Get your parents to buy an IF, then gift that to you. I'd say every single 17-16 year old airsofter has their IFs this way, then when they turn 18 they get an RIF or paint their IF.

scooooty,

I've had a though that may help you. The guns you seem to be looking at are often the very cheap ones that aren't quite good enough for airsoft skirmishing with, but would still give you some experience with gun handling and safety as well as being fun to shoot targets at home (in the garden).

To this end I would recommend http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/ as that is predominantly what they sell. All two tone or 100% brightly coloured, with a massive variety of spring gas and electric pistols and rifles in the cheaper range that would give you the gun handling, safety and fun that you are looking for.

Stay safe, have fun, and keep shooting.

I just remember them from a few years back,  loads of abuse aimed at them for their videos on low power bb guns.  Never used them, but if you're after all things orange, probably the place to go.

They had a little cqb site setup for a while, have they still got it?

This is actually the interpretation that all under 18 airsofters have been advised to follow. Get your parents to buy an IF, then gift that to you. I'd say every single 17-16 year old airsofter has their IFs this way, then when they turn 18 they get an RIF or paint their IF.

scooooty,

I've had a though that may help you. The guns you seem to be looking at are often the very cheap ones that aren't quite good enough for airsoft skirmishing with, but would still give you some experience with gun handling and safety as well as being fun to shoot targets at home (in the garden).

To this end I would recommend http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/ as that is predominantly what they sell. All two tone or 100% brightly coloured, with a massive variety of spring gas and electric pistols and rifles in the cheaper range that would give you the gun handling, safety and fun that you are looking for.

Stay safe, have fun, and keep shooting.

My dad has real guns so I know about safety and I have a pistol already whi CH I use at my garden but I am looking at an m4 from jusbbfuns

Sent from my Lenovo A3500-F using Tapatalk

Yep, I just don't agree with it!

Go to a club?

Please just deal with UK law, don't try to circumvent it.

I get it, I loved guns at your age. I love guns still and I'm 3 times your age. I've had real ones and toy ones all my life. I get you'll get an IF gifted from your parents...

Use it sensibly. Don't paint it black for extra coolness. Don't shoot the neighbours cat with it 'to see what happens'.

Don't take it to school and show your pals.

Don't take it out in public.

Remember that firearms cops are the grumpiest of all cops of all - trust me on this - and are trained to treat any gun situation as real. and if you do the above they will put you on the floor very quickly and it will hurt.

Sometimes you can't have everything you want, especially not immediately. You sometimes have to wait.

I apologise for being a grumpy *albartroth* to you. It's not personal, I'm not mega old, but with age comes experience and I've seen some truly crazy *suitcase*. I've had friends held at gunpoint for dicking about with with airsoft guns too.

Lastly I fully apologise for this post sounding like a version of a Baz Luhrmann song :P

Go to a club?

Please just deal with UK law, don't try to circumvent it.

I get it, I loved guns at your age. I love guns still and I'm 3 times your age. I've had real ones and toy ones all my life. I get you'll get an IF gifted from your parents...

Use it sensibly. Don't paint it black for extra coolness. Don't shoot the neighbours cat with it 'to see what happens'.

Don't take it to school and show your pals.

Don't take it out in public.

Remember that firearms cops are the grumpiest of all cops of all - trust me on this - and are trained to treat any gun situation as real. and if you do the above they will put you on the floor very quickly and it will hurt.

Sometimes you can't have everything you want, especially not immediately. You sometimes have to wait.

I apologise for being a grumpy *albartroth* to you. It's not personal, I'm not mega old, but with age comes experience and I've seen some truly crazy *suitcase*. I've had friends held at gunpoint for dicking about with with airsoft guns too.

Lastly I fully apologise for this post sounding like a ###### version of a Baz Luhrmann song

It's OK and is it legal for me to have a springer Tokyo mayrui that is silver? Is silver allowed because I have some coloured paints

Sent from my Lenovo A3500-F using Tapatalk

How times have changed.  I remember getting both of these for presents one birthday when I was about 11 or 12, maybe a little older.  PLayed with them outside as well

4791_l.jpg

4790_l.jpg

Can't remember how large they were - suspect not full size, certainly not the SLR, having said that I seem to remember the tommy gun looked correctly sized when my father held it.

Think there's a big case of "I'm alright Jack" here...

Firstly it doesn't matter whether you agree or not with IFs for under 18's, the law accounts for other people's preferences. A fair amount of people would be fine with airsoft being illegal straight up.

Secondly it doesn't matter what age you personally started playing. If he's allowed to play airsoft at the age of 13 I was (as I was... GZ used to junior games for 13-18 year olds. was fine) then why not?

Lastly telling him just to rent a gun is essentially telling him to add an extra 75-100% on to his green fee. Every time he wants to skirmish. I'd say the majority of airsoft skirmishers have more than one RIF. Clearly it's part of the fun. Airsoft needs new players - even if it is still about in 2025 it would be a bit gash if it was just old gits.

Archived