Is this a two tone?

scooooty

It's OK and is it legal for me to have a springer Tokyo mayrui that is silver? Is silver allowed because I have some coloured paints

Sent from my Lenovo A3500-F using Tapatalk

Nope, you can't have it any colour than one of the 'approved' colours which are listed somewhere I don't have a link to right now. Silver isn't on that list, sorry.

Think there's a big case of "I'm alright Jack" here...

not how I mean to come across. I don't convey myself too well sometimes/a lot of the time. Apologies for that.

Firstly it doesn't matter whether you agree or not with IFs for under 18's, the law accounts for other people's preferences. A fair amount of people would be fine with airsoft being illegal straight up.

true, I know it doesn't matter if I agree or not! just voicing opinion.

Secondly it doesn't matter what age you personally started playing. If he's allowed to play airsoft at the age of 13 I was (as I was... GZ used to junior games for 13-18 year olds. was fine) then why not?

again, I know. Starting age isn't a competition. I was just saying I doubt he would give up at 18. Most sites don't allow under 14s from what I can gather too nowadays...

Lastly telling him just to rent a gun is essentially telling him to add an extra 75-100% on to his green fee. Every time he wants to skirmish. I'd say the majority of airsoft skirmishers have more than one RIF. Clearly it's part of the fun. Airsoft needs new players - even if it is still about in 2025 it would be a bit gash if it was just old gits.

its up to his folks about that. If they don't buy one and gift it, then it's down to him popping to a club to use one.

Edit, my bold, obvs :)

https://eliteairsoftuk.com/xcart/M4-CQB-starter-pack.html what is the fps for this started kit do you know? Or can you find out because I have tried but I don't know how

SRC are a really good make, I had one of their AKs once and it had good range at about 300fps, even though it only had a 250mm barrel.

They usually come it at about that price without all the extras so it's a pretty good deal too. I just wonder if the battery and charger are even worth using...

Would recommend.

SRC are a really good make, I had one of their AKs once and it had good range at about 300fps, even though it only had a 250mm barrel.

They usually come it at about that price without all the extras so it's a pretty good deal too. I just wonder if the battery and charger are even worth using...

Would recommend.

OK thanks

As for renting thats not really viable for most people due to the cost. Generally rental prices are about £50 for the day. 4 games played and you've basically wasted £120 which could have been spent on something semi-decent. I don't really see the whole gifting thing as circumvention but rather a loophole, then again I suppose they are one in the same! :P

Makes a big difference if your game day costs £50 or £20, I certainly wouldnt be playing now if I had to pay £50 a pop for a game!

Biggest thing to remember is just don't be *rickroll*. Be sensible and if your old man has firearms then you have no excuse for poor weapon behaviour or well being a *rickroll*! I'm not trying to be rude here either :) 

As for renting thats not really viable for most people due to the cost. Generally rental prices are about £50 for the day. 4 games played and you've basically wasted £120 which could have been spent on something semi-decent. I don't really see the whole gifting thing as circumvention but rather a loophole, then again I suppose they are one in the same!

Makes a big difference if your game day costs £50 or £20, I certainly wouldnt be playing now if I had to pay £50 a pop for a game!

Biggest thing to remember is just don't be *rickroll*. Be sensible and if your old man has firearms then you have no excuse for poor weapon behaviour or well being a *rickroll*! I'm not trying to be rude here either :)

You could spend the money on a personal weapon instead of hiring which is expensive

At least you can try a few before committing to a platform.

You may hate using an M4 after a day playing with one and rather have an AK/G36/whatever.

When I buy a car I don't just chuck cash at the first dealer who has one with 4 wheels...

Edit, you may even play and not like airsoft. You're then stuck with something that's worth sod all second hand and you lose a pile of cash ;)

True. Yet you can test drive cars

To be honest mate, stick around on here. Ask questions, learn things, find a local site and talk to us lot.

For the most part everyone on here knows what they are doing, friendly and give good advice. Its where I started out give or take 10ish years ago and Im still here.

Learnt a hell of a lot and met a few good chaps!

on my phone, my spelling will suck

As for renting thats not really viable for most people due to the cost. Generally rental prices are about £50 for the day. 4 games played and you've basically wasted £120 which could have been spent on something semi-decent. I don't really see the whole gifting thing as circumvention but rather a loophole, then again I suppose they are one in the same! :P

Your maths is horribly wrong.  It might cost £50 for a rental day, however non-rental will normally be £30, so just £20 ... except that also includes a bottle of amo (worth £10-12 and all left afterwards to be kept by you), so the actual cost is just ~£8-10 per day.  Unless of course the site charges for lunch - as this is normally also included making rental almost no difference from bringing your own gun.

Out of the sites I mainly play, as long as you're happy to use the spare 0.20g rounds after (mainly blaster), then it's actually costing you ~£40 for four days at the most expensive, and ~£0 at the cheapest - assuming you're buying lunch at the site.

At least you can try a few before committing to a platform.

You may hate using an M4 after a day playing with one and rather have an AK/G36/whatever.

This. A few years ago I picked up a very nice G3 which was quite pokey but didn't suit my style of play as trying to sneak through thick bushes is far harder with a long rifle than with something like an MP5

Also, to weigh in here, if you are nice enough to get to know the other players at games and events you might find they will offer to take you along and lend items for you to use which is both legal and the cost, well just being a decent, social human being (not enough of them left anymore).

Either way, I think that the law on airsoft in the UK is poor but it could be a lot worse. I myself came into this at 16 and this was back when you had to be 18 to buy and I couldn't afford a proper airsoft gun as they were all £200 and up Maruis and mags were £20-30 a pop no matter what capacity they had. Things are not fun at that age, or even younger but you just have to stick it out. Sure now I can buy all the guns I want legally but I also have my car, rent, bills, other bills, hookers, and various other expenditures to worry about.

As harsh as it is to say, you will have to deal with it. By all means go for a single game, rent a gun and then you will see if you like it. Get to know people, try their guns if they let you and above all, don't be an *albatross* to others and get on with the game and the social side of it :P.

At the end of the day it is all fun and games so long as it is legal and we all keep to the rules, whether we agree with them or not is a different matter ;).

'FireKnife'

Also, to weigh in here, if you are nice enough to get to know the other players at games and events you might find they will offer to take you along and lend items for you to use which is both legal and the cost, well just being a decent, social human being (not enough of them left anymore).

Either way, I think that the law on airsoft in the UK is poor but it could be a lot worse. I myself came into this at 16 and this was back when you had to be 18 to buy and I couldn't afford a proper airsoft gun as they were all £200 and up Maruis and mags were £20-30 a pop no matter what capacity they had. Things are not fun at that age, or even younger but you just have to stick it out. Sure now I can buy all the guns I want legally but I also have my car, rent, bills, other bills, hookers, and various other expenditures to worry about.

As harsh as it is to say, you will have to deal with it. By all means go for a single game, rent a gun and then you will see if you like it. Get to know people, try their guns if they let you and above all, don't be an *albatross* to others and get on with the game and the social side of it .

At the end of the day it is all fun and games so long as it is legal and we all keep to the rules, whether we agree with them or not is a different matter ;).

'FireKnife'

Last girl I talked to I accidentally insulted so I don't think I come in the class of 'social'

Either way, I think that the law on airsoft in the UK is poor but it could be a lot worse. [...] As harsh as it is to say, you will have to deal with it.

OT, but I totally agree. I don't like the restrictions that we do have, but I do recognise that they could easily be a lot worse than they are and I'm concerned that people trying to bend or evade the rules - like you, scooooty - are going to end up prompting the Government to revisit this issue and make them that much worse for all of us.

There are plenty of ways for you to play airsoft - getting your parents to gift you a gun, renting, being lent guns, all sorts. If you are gifted a two-tone gun and play 3 or more games in 2 or more months at a site with public liability insurance (i.e., you could apply for UKARA registration but for being a minor) you will even have a defence to turning your IF into a RIF. What we are saying is, you have a lot of options within the rules, so don't try and break them.

hookers

They're still hookers even if you leave without paying, FK.

ETA: Why can't Arnie's handle inequality symbols?

IMO I think it will more likely that airsoft will come under threat not because of young players bending the rules (the awareness of such acts just isn't there) but *suitcase* like using airsoft for police / military training. They stop becoming "toys" (palatable with the public) and become "training aids" instead.  If I hear the phrase "active shooter training" I throw up a bit in my mouth. 

Archived