Stuff of Nightmares

renegadecow

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who talks about putting in a stronger spring? Obviously it's better to just put a 14.8 v LiPo in it.

Everyone knows "higher volt" batteries give moar power. Don't even need to open up the gearbox!

I remember that old BS. I had someone go to a martial and report me for increasing the power of my AEG mid game, by changing my 7.2v large battery for a 8.4v mini battery.

They INSISTED that I had my gun re-chrono and even with the site owner, three marshals and several other players telling him he was a moron he wouldn't give up. We ended up chronoing my gun with the lowest (my half dead 7.2v) and highest (someone had a 12v car battery on their gun >.<) and when it chronoed exactly the same range this guy starting going on about the chrono being broken.

• 3 weeks later...

What's worse is *fruitcage*wit techs direct quote.

'Iv put the new hpp unit into your p90, couldn't get the shark rubber you wanted in so you owe 20 extra for the prommy blue we put in oh and by the way when we pt it back together semi auto now doesn't work'

Plus it turns out the bellend lost the circular clip thay holds the hop in place when transferring bits from the old hop to the prowin one so the gun now doesn't have a stable hop. I am trying to track one down but I need to buy a whole tm hop and the shop that said they could get one didn't get back tell. With a price (impulse101)

Any ideas for a source?

The other good tech story is 'il just leave the dry fire parts of the mag out its fine you don't need them' get it posted back and leaks from those parts home.

Oh and the techs who say 'yeah this is an easy fix have it by next game day.' Xxxx months later.....

Did you pay said techie? thats like turning up to get your tyres changed and then when you go to pick up your car the garage saying "oh we couldn't fit the tyres you wanted so we've given you some 26" rims with lopro slicks thats £2000.00 oh and by the way reverse doesnt work anymore!

There were words exchanged at the time, I didn't find out about the pin being missing till I stripped it down because of a bit of barrel wobble and inconsistency. I didn't pay full price for the tech work in the end after arguing that coms and taking about 3 times the time they promised to do the job took the and it meant that I didn't take any of my more complex work to them because if they couldn't hack a hop swap then I wouldn't trust them anywhere near a gbbr rebuild.

if they had called or emailed about the rubber issue I wouldn't have had a problem as I quite like the prommy blue rubbers but the whole thing was just such an utter *suitcase* show. I am ordering a TM hop from someone once I confirm that all the parts are there.

In fairness I need to order one anyway as the prowin didn't come with things like the arm or adjustment wheel so that's all off the old (fairly old fairly heavily used)  unit.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm gonna cry myself to sleep if I don't get this off my chest.

So there's this local Facebook group (I know, just keep reading) which literally translates to "airsoft complaints". In it there's this guy who makes a post saying anyone using MOSFETs are down right stupid. Other people play along until they realize the guy is actually serious. Like really serious. He claims that they do absolutely nothing except eat space, add resistance to the system, and that people who use them are just riding a bandwagon. When challenged that it greatly reduces wear on the contacts when using high voltage batteries, he goes off saying there must be a short in the gun and having a MOSFET wouldn't have prevented it. Then he goes off saying rebuilding a gun (motor and contacts overhaul) every so often is normal anyway as he's had to when using 11.1V lipos. Even though he keeps starting his explanations with "I'm no expert, but..." he's not listening to any of the explanations presented to him.

Ultimately, my point is why do people like this exist? T_T

Well, not on anything silicone based at least. There's this guy over at AirsoftForums having problems with his KWA AEG. Says the gun misfeeds then bbs just jam into the hop chamber. I ask him what he's been using to clean his hop/barrel, he answers "I clean it all the time". I press him again with the same question and finally he says he drops in silicone oil in the hop chamber because he read it on the internet.

I remember using a KWA guidance video on how to clean and lube their GBB's, and posting here about it, thinking it would help.

I also remember most of you guys ( arnies members ) telling me I was doing it wrong and pointing out that " it's not because it's in a manufacturers video, that it is correct"

You were all right for doing so, or I still would've gummed up my GBBs with oil and dust and grease. ^^

There are often manufacturers manuals that have false information. It makes it harder to convince people that certain practices are wrong.

I've remembered another little one: Guy lost the gearbox screws and just used the nearest 8 screws to him and stripped the threads out of the gearbox casing. Lucky him I had a spare GB case that I charged him through the nose for.

I'm gonna cry myself to sleep if I don't get this off my chest.

So there's this local Facebook group (I know, just keep reading) which literally translates to "airsoft complaints". In it there's this guy who makes a post saying anyone using MOSFETs are down right stupid. Other people play along until they realize the guy is actually serious. Like really serious. He claims that they do absolutely nothing except eat space, add resistance to the system, and that people who use them are just riding a bandwagon. When challenged that it greatly reduces wear on the contacts when using high voltage batteries, he goes off saying there must be a short in the gun and having a MOSFET wouldn't have prevented it. Then he goes off saying rebuilding a gun (motor and contacts overhaul) every so often is normal anyway as he's had to when using 11.1V lipos. Even though he keeps starting his explanations with "I'm no expert, but..." he's not listening to any of the explanations presented to him.

Ultimately, my point is why do people like this exist? T_T

Wow. That's impressive stupid lvl 100. Well, i guess he don't like well made airsoft guns.. 

Archived