Stuff of Nightmares

renegadecow

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So someone at Airsoft Forums wrote a "how to fix leaky mags" guide:

1. Take the leaky magazine, and ensure it's empty of propellant.

2. Depress the top fill valve and spray WD-40 inside the rubber seal that feeds to tank inside. Give a generous amount, you want to be able to liberally coat the inside walls of the tank.

3. Shake the magazine vigoriously, and then set it in various positions (typically baseplate down) as gravity will help feed lubricant to the portions of the baseplate that are dry.

4. Let the magazine sit for 5-10 minutes, and then give it a SMALL pressure charge (giving it too much could prematurely blow out swelling seals).

In subsequent posts to the thread, did anyone try to set this individual straight?

Jebus, some people are just inept to airsoft tech and spew whatever nonsens they "find" on the internet without even knowing is the source is legit, and then adhere it like it's the truth.

I think the author mistakenly named "how to ruin all rubber parts in leaky mags" with "how to fix leaky mags" - Because that's pure rubbish!

• 3 weeks later...

Been having a minor speedballer pandemic recently with a whole team of them frequenting my go to CQB site. So the site warden (just the guy who collects game fees really) tells me that there was a prospecting player that had come and gone earlier and was dismayed to see the speedballers and wanted a site that does semi-auto only (there is one such site no more than a kilometer away that has that restriction). So I told the warden that he should have told the guy to come on a Saturday since the group that plays then usually play semi-auto only. Then this extremely obnoxious speedballer, probably their group leader judging by the loudness of his voice makes a snide remark that "he shouldn't be playing airsoft if he's wanting semi-auto only games." He goes further in saying "what does he expect to hit if he's shooting semi-semi only, you may as well use a blowgun" and then laughs.

Last I heard the site marshal is looking to ban the whole group as they've been consistently cheating (not taking hits under a whole hicap shot at them) since they arrived. Plus they're annoying as *fruitcage*! And that's from someone belonging to a cult that believes in the mantra "love and tolerate"!

I don't want to go in to a commentary regards the state of the skirmish player community because it's impossible to generalise, but it seems a little concerning the way more of this stuff seems to be perhaps creeping in more than it had done in the past.  I think I'm perhaps looking at it from a more jaded perspective than I usually would after that RIP Kid video though...

Much as some folks like to lament super-duper tryhard airsoft leet 0perators (the ones with the genuinely snobby attitudes that is), they are at least generally using real caps/GBBRs and too worried about how good their beards look to be charging around speedball style and hosing people down to the point of ridiculousness and causing safety issues in terms of overkill.

Ugh. Look it up on youtube. Basically some whiney brat who though shooting someone in the back, on auto, from about 10 feet away (with a high rpm polarstar i think) was a legitimate form of "revenge" for a Facebook post or something. Some juvinile about a team patch or something.

He also thought it was a good idea to take a video of him doing it and posting it on youtube. So, basically, the kind of player who needs to be banned from every field.

As I understand it the kid who got laced up was a former teammate who had left and burnt the team patch in a YouTube video.

In responce the site have now banned the shooter and told the rest of his team they're still welcome as long as they don't play as said team. Also the team has booted out the shooter and I've heard that the police may have been involved

• 4 months later...

I've hit paydirt on another local FB group!

On what is the ideal weapon to use for CQB:

"well it really depends, some players choose the pistol as it is compact and you can easily maneuver, aim/point and shoot your weapon, as oppose to rifle or SMG ... SMG on the other hand gives you the ability to mow your target or practically spray the whole room ... either hitting everything or scaring the pants off your enemy, rifle on the other hand is too bulky for CQB to be effective ... shotguns were good for scatter shots but not that really ideal for CQB, you may be able to pump six or seven shots a minute but the thing is, your enemy could pepper you twice as fast with handgun"

On upgrading handguns:

"Pistol rarely have upgrades. There isn't much space inside for additional or upgrade parts."

Archived