Stuff of Nightmares

renegadecow

Kid recently brought in an AK with a hopup that "didn't work":

IMG_20160810_185031963_zpsvufwvh5t.jpg

IMG_20160810_185103419_zpspjw4divo.jpg

Found this one about a month ago, owner said it sounded like the motor was unwinding with each shot. Still don't know how it didn't jam:

IMG_20160714_173635319_zpsywwdb6g1.jpg

Here's double trouble:

IMG_20160721_165527275_zpsn6tgordh.jpg

Found these in an MG that kept jamming up:

IMG_20160720_133427106_zpszbropjfq.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, the old heavier weight trick. This is why my local uses it's own mags loaded with .2's for what guns they can.

Ah, the old not measuring joule right trick. That's why our local sites measure with the BB's people use instead of 0.20.

Ah, the old not measuring joule right trick. That's why our local sites measure with the BB's people use instead of 0.20.

Just how much energy creep does an airsoft gun generate?

We need solid data for a variety of AEG, GBB and spring rifles with different ammo weights.

I can't imagine it's a whole heap of difference, it would be interesting to have a real insight.

Just how much energy creep does an airsoft gun generate?

We need solid data for a variety of AEG, GBB and spring rifles with different ammo weights.

I can't imagine it's a whole heap of difference, it would be interesting to have a real insight.

Measuring with the wrong weight is inherently wrong. The degree varies. All gas guns, hpa, bolt action rifles, ALWAYS. Lot of the bolties i see shoot like 2,5J with a .20 and 3.5J with a .40.

AEG's, sometimes, but it can go both ways. If your AEG is leaky and shoots 1J with a .30 and 1.3J with a .20...then it'll chrono hot yet not shoot hot in game. Or if it's really airtight, it'll do maybe 1.12J with 0.20, then 1.25J with 0.28. Then you could be over the limit when playing but not when chronoing.

It just makes the most sense to chrono everything as is. Makes it simpler for people.

And these days, it's quite often tiny details. Many people are close to the limit. And the limit should be THE LIMIT. If the player wants to play hot *suitcase* and be 3 fps under 350, fine. But who's fault is it when he's over then. I hate when people moan about this. If the player don't have the skillset to  be that close to the limit yet be under...then stay away from the limit like everyone else! Tired of handling entitled players like these :)

It's a common sense thing.

If the player is surprised and due to weather or so it shoots 2-5 fps over, let him be. On the other hand tell all your players you'd prefer them 10fps under the limit. In that case they're mostly safe. I don't care if the oponent shoots me with a 280 or 370 fps aeg. But there need to be limits for the weak of minded.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Personally, I find canned tuna to be a really handy thing to have in the cupboard.  Feeling lazy for dinner?  Tuna, mayo and cheesy pasta.  Add some fried, chopped onion if you can be arsed.  You're done in 11 mins.  Of course it's no tuna steak but that requires time, money, planning and effort.

Guy (in FB, where else) asks if there's an app you download or some such to measure muzzle velocity. People reply to get a chrono. Guy reluctant to spend, asks for alternate methods, is ushered to using the old soda can chrono. Guy comes back showing this and begs for people to extrapolate the data.

14440866_987867118025120_446331550189438

If someome said there was an app that measured FPS by shooting at your phone screen, some tard would believe it.

Archived