Stuff of Nightmares

renegadecow

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite is the 'tech' who looked really confused as to why her leg wasn't doing any more than dribbling bbs out of the barrel until she walked back and saw the inner barrel sat on the bench and then sort of skuled away looking gormless.

That's amazing. 

I have, occasionally, forgotten parts as I reassemble a gun(Or put things in the wrong order), but I always notice before I walk away from the table, take it apart and put it all back again.

I did once put an AEG back together after replacing a motor armature which had burnt out. Test fired it and nothing. Not a sound, no movement, nothing.

Spent about 10 minutes checking over the mosfet, connectors and wiring before I saw the new armature of the motor sat on my work desk. Derp.

This is why I don't work on others guns. I can live with a hack job if it functions and doesn't ruin the aesthetics of the gun. But my 'bubba the gunsmith' ways probably don't fly with others. I have learned a lot just by screwing up, and paying for my mistakes.

I won't even admit I'm a tech, just a guy with a screwdriver.

So someone at Airsoft Forums wrote a "how to fix leaky mags" guide:

1. Take the leaky magazine, and ensure it's empty of propellant.

2. Depress the top fill valve and spray WD-40 inside the rubber seal that feeds to tank inside. Give a generous amount, you want to be able to liberally coat the inside walls of the tank.

3. Shake the magazine vigoriously, and then set it in various positions (typically baseplate down) as gravity will help feed lubricant to the portions of the baseplate that are dry.

4. Let the magazine sit for 5-10 minutes, and then give it a SMALL pressure charge (giving it too much could prematurely blow out swelling seals).

Archived