Reasonably priced multicam Crye style combat trousers?

darkchild130

As I'm back in the army, I'm after some Crye style pants within the £50-75 price range that won't fall apart within one exercise.

I can't justify spending 200 quid on some real ones just yet, does anyone know of some decent alternatives? 

I don't want Emerson ones.

Darkchild

Already looked, they're out of stock, and that's the only listed UK stockist.

Darkchild

oops never noticed.  Heres a cheaper pair with the integrated pads, looks more like the Crye G3's rather than the AC's

http://www.ukmcpro.co.uk/Bulldog-Elite-ECU-Trousers-MTC-Clothing/p/4/6/556559/

Theres also the Semapo gear ones if you can find them in stock anywhere.

There are some OPS fast response trousers on there for £90 (I reckon I could push to that, it's still less than half price of crye pants)  but they don't have them in my size.  It seems I'm destined to be wearing issue trousers for the near future.

Darkchild

Go Evil-Bay, I got my army combat pants for like $80 plus shipping, AFAIK they're made by Propper and/or some other contractors. Then I picked up CP knee pads from local CP dealer, ka-ching, $30.

BOOM! Real(?) combat pants w/ pads for around £80!

The pants are close enough to the ones from CP, sans the elastic fabric but with matching MC fabric instead, the rest are pretty much the same but maybe there're some minor differences ( don't care :P ).

There's a chinese company called Rasputin Item making Crye G3 clones for about $100 with real MC fabrics.  Would they hold up to 1 exercise?  Not sure, haven't tried any of their stuff yet to see whether the stitching is up to snuff.  Possible option though and there aren't many high quality options for crye-pad-compatible trousers apart from Crye themselves, Beyond, Plat-A-Tac (when they eventually make more) and Arktis.

The US Army 'OEF combat pants' do look good as mentioned, not far off CP G3s, will have a pair myself soon to assess further.  Available pretty cheap initially but only really in the states and many ebay sellers there aren't much good at getting things here without costing you the earth.

Size small any good?

http://www.platatac.com/platatac-tac-dax-special-projects-mkii-multicam.html

Archived